Enjoy reading the books below!
- Theology and California: Theological Refractions on California’s Culture by Fred. Sanders, Jason S. Sexto. Amazon page
- The blood of Christ in the theology of William Tyndale by Ralph S. Werrell. Amazon page
- Understanding religious pluralism: perspectives from religious studies and theology by Peter C. Phan, Jonathan Ray. Amazon page
- Old Testament Theology: a Thematic Approach by Robin. Routledge. Amazon page
- Signs & wonders: theology after modernity by Ellen T. Armour. Amazon page
- 6. Reinterpreting the Eucharist: Explorations in Feminist Theology and Ethics by Anne F. Elvey (Editor), Carol Hogan (Editor), Kim Power (Editor), Claire Renkin (Editor). Amazon page
- Post-traumatic public theology by Stephanie N. Arel (Editor.), Shelly. Rambo. Amazon page
- Johannine theology: the gospel, the Epistles and the Apocalypse by Paul A. Rainbow. Amazon page
- The theology of the Book of Isaiah by John Goldingay. Amazon page
- The doctrine of humanity in the theology of Reinhold Niebuhr by Kenneth Hamilton, Jane Barter Moulaison. Amazon page
- Catholic theology after Kierkegaard by Joshua Furnal. Amazon page
- Evangelical postcolonial conversations: global awakenings in theology and praxis by Kay Higuera Smith, Jayachitra Lalitha , L. Daniel Hawk. Amazon page
- Trinitarian ontology and Israel in Robert W. Jenson’s theology by Sang-hoon Lee. Amazon page
- The end of theology: shaping theology for the sake of mission by Jason S. Sexton (Editor.), Paul Weston (Editor.). Amazon page
- Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down! : the eschatological theology of third Isaiah (Isaiah 56-66). by Abraham Sung-Ho Oh. Amazon page
- The future of evangelical theology: soundings from the Asian American diaspora by Amos Yong. Amazon page
Feminist biblical studies in the twentieth century: scholarship and movement by Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza. Amazon page
Happy April! Hope you will enjoy some of the following books.
- New perspectives in the theology of Judaism by Shubert Spero. Amazon page
- Alcuin: theology and thought by Douglas. Dales. Amazon page
- From Theology to Theological Thinking by Jean-Yves. Lacoste. Amazon page
- The Evolution of Time: Studies of Time in Science, Anthropology, Theology by Argyris Nicolaidis, Wolfgang Achtner. Amazon page
- Judith Plaistow: feminism, theology, and justice by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, Aaron W. Hughes. Amazon page
- Exploring ordinary theology: everyday Christian believing and the church by Jeff. Astley, Leslie J. Francis. Amazon page
- Tamil Folk Music as Dalit Liberation Theology by Zoe C. Sherinian. Amazon page
- Introducing Eastern Orthodox theology by Andrew Louth. Amazon page
- The political theology of Schelling by Saitya Brata Das. Amazon page
- Kaleidoscope : F.M. Dostoevsky and the early dialectical theology by Katya Tolstaya (Author.), Anthony Runia (Translator.), Frank Bestebreurtje (Editor.). Amazon page
- The IVP Bible background commentary: New Testament by Craig S. Keener, InterVarsity Press. Amazon page
- The Jews and the Bible by Jean-Christophe Attias. Amazon page
- The challenge of received tradition: dilemmas of interpretation in Radak’s biblical commentaries by by Naomi Grunhaus. Amazon page
- The message of Jeremiah: against wind and tide by Christopher J. H. Wright. Amazon page
- From Law to Logos: reading St. Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians by Jon R. Jordan, Todd D. Still. Amazon page
- Reading Joshua: a historical-critical, archaeological commentary by John Laughlin. Amazon page
- Jonah, Tobit, Judith by Irene Nowell. Amazon page
- Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther by Irene Nowell. Amazon page
- Sirach Volume 21 (New Collegeville Bible Commentary: Old Testament) by Jeremy Corley. Amazon page
Easter is around the corner! May the hope and joy of Jesus’ Resurrection linger in our hearts forever. Have a blessed and meaningful Easter and enjoy reading some of the books about the Resurrection!
- Atonement and the logic of resurrection in the Epistle to the Hebrews by David M. Moffitt. Amazon page
- Translating resurrection: the debate between William Tyndale and George Joye in its historical and theological context by Gergely Juhász. Amazon page
- Christ’s Resurrection in early Christianity: and the making of the New Testament by Markus. Vinzent, Amazon page
- The resurrection of the Messiah by Christopher Bryan. Amazon page
- The resurrection of Jesus: a new historiographical approach by Mike Licona. Amazon page
- Affirming the resurrection of the incarnate Christ: a reading of 1 John by Matthew D. Jensen. Amazon page
- Resurrection of the dead in early Judaism, 200 BCE-CE 2000 by C. D. Elledge. Amazon page
- Bodily resurrection and ethics in 1 Cor 15 : connecting faith and morality in the context of Greco-Roman mythology by Paul J. Brown. Amazon page
- Resurrection: the power of God for Christians and Jews by Kevin Madigan, Jon Douglas. Levenson. Amazon page
- Give them Christ: preaching his incarnation, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and return by Stephen A. Seamands. Amazon page
- Metamorphoses : resurrection, body, and transformative practices in early Christianity by Turid Karlsen. Seim, Jorunn. Økland. Amazon page
- From resurrection to new creation: a first journey in Christian theology by Michael W. Pahl. Amazon page
- Resurrection and eschatology: theology in service of the church: essays in honor of Richard B. Gaffin, Jr. by Richard B. Gaffin, Lane G. Tipton, Jeffrey C. Waddington. Amazon page
- The reality of the resurrection: the New Testament witness by Stefan. Alkier. Amazon page
- The resurrection of Jesus in the Gospel of John by Craig R. Koester, R. Bieringer. Amazon page
- Raised with Christ: how the Resurrection changes everything by Adrian Warnock. Amazon page
- Practice resurrection: a conversation on growing up in Christ by Eugene H. Peterson, Peter. Santucci, Peter H. Santucci. Amazon page 9781602584471
- Jesus and the demise of death: resurrection, afterlife, and the fate of the Christian. Amazon page
February is the month of love and Valentine’s Day. It reminds us of God’s love and of how we can share His love with others. Hopefully you are interested in some of the following books about love.
- The word made love: the dialogical theology of Joseph Ratzinger by Benedict XVI. Amazon page
- The love of God: a canonical model by John Peckham. Amazon page
- The uncontrolling love of God: an open and relational account of providence by Thomas Jay Oord. Amazon page
- For the love of all creatures: the story of grace in Genesis by William Greenway. Amazon page
- The weight of love: affect, ecstasy, and union in the theology of Bonaventure by Robert Glenn. Davis. Amazon page
- Embracing the other: the transformative spirit of love by Grace Ji-Sun Kim. Amazon page
- The concept of divine love in the context of the God-world relationship by John Peckham. Amazon page
- Love kindness: discover the power of a forgotten Christian virtue by Barry H. Corey. Amazon page
- Practices of love: spiritual disciplines for the life of the world by Kyle David Bennett. Amazon page. Amazon page
- Love in the gospel of John: an exegetical, theological, and literary study by Francis J. Moloney. Amazon page
- Political Agape: Christian love and liberal democracy by Timothy P. Jackson. Amazon page
- Toughest people to love: how to understand, lead, and love the difficult people in your life – including yourself by Chuck. DeGroat. Amazon page
- You shall love the stranger as yourself: the Bible, refugees and asylum by Fleur S. Houston. Amazon page
- A faithful guide to philosophy: a Christian introduction to the love of wisdom by Peter S. Williams, David McNeill. Amazon page
- Pannenberg on evil, love, and God: the realisation of divine love by Mark Hocknull. Amazon page
- Sociology of Love: the Agapic Dimension of Societal Life by Gennaro. Iorio. Amazon page
- Within the love of God: essays on the doctrine of God in honour of Paul S. Fiddes by Anthony Clarke (Editor.), Andrew Moore (Editor.), Paul S. Fiddes (Honoree.). Amazon page
- Life, love, and hope: God and human experience by Jan-Olav. Henriksen. Amazon page
Happy Black History Month! Once a year, we dedicate a month to celebrate the incredible accomplishments and contributions of black Americans. This is not only an opportunity to remember black achievement, but it’s also a great opportunity to read some good books!
- The talking book: African Americans and the Bible by Allen Dwight. Callahan. Amazon page
- The color of Christ: the Son of God & the saga of race in America by Edward J. Blum, Paul Harvey. Amazon page
- Race: a theological account by J. Kameron Carter. Amazon page
- Longing for Jesus: worship at a black holiness church in Mississippi, 1895-1913 by Lester Ruth. Amazon page
- The Africana Bible: reading Israel’s Scriptures from Africa and the African diaspora by Hugh R. Page, Randall C. Bailey. Amazon page
- God delivers me: a model from Strengthening the Black Church for the 21st Century by Jacqulyn Thorpe. Amazon page
- Is God colour-blind? : Insights from black theology for Christian ministry by Anthony. Reddie. Amazon page
- Methodologies of Black theology by Frederick L. Ware. Amazon page
- The Black megachurch: theology, gender, and the politics of public engagement by Tamelyn Tucker-Worgs. Amazon page
- The genesis of liberation: biblical interpretation in the antebellum narratives of the enslaved by Emerson B. Powery, Rodney Steven Sadler. Amazon page
- The mount of vision: African American prophetic tradition, 1800-1950 by Christopher Z. Hobson. Amazon page
- Biblical studies, theology, religion, and philosophy: an introduction for African universities by James. Amanze, F. Nkomazana, Obed N. Kealotswe. Amazon page
- African American female mysticism : nineteenth-century religious activism by Joy R. Bostic. Amazon page
- Plantation church: how African American religion was born in Caribbean slavery by Noel Leo Erskine. Amazon page
- Politics in the pews: the political mobilization of Black churches by Eric L. McDaniel. Amazon page
- Divine callings: understanding the call to ministry in Black Pentecostalism by Richard N. Pitt. Amazon page
- Native apostles: Black and Indian missionaries in the British Atlantic world by Edward E. Andrews. Amazon page
The Hubbard Library will be closed on the following days in September:
Monday, September 3: Labor Day
Thursday – Friday, September 13-14: Mandatory Staff Meetings
We will try out best to return any inquiries made during this time. Thank you for your consideration in this matter!
System maintenance for all data centers is scheduled to start at 2018-08-04 23:00 Pacific Time through 2018-08-05 03:00 Pacific Time affecting the following services:
Connexion, FirstSearch, HostedWise, ILLiad, Interlibrary Loan Policies Directory API, QuestionPoint, QuestionPoint Knowledge Base API, Tipasa, VIAF API, WMS Acquisitions API, WMS Availability API, WMS Circulation API, WMS Collection Management API, WMS NCIP Service, WMS Vendor Information Center API, WorldCat Discovery, WorldCat Identities API, WorldCat knowledge base API, WorldCat Local, WorldCat Metadata API, WorldCat Registry API, WorldCat Search API, WorldCat.org, WorldShare Acquisitions, WorldShare Circulation, WorldShare Collection Manager, WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, WorldShare License Manager, WorldShare Record Manager, WorldShare Reports and Report Designer.
Glad you asked! Charles Fuller’s Old Fashioned Revival Hour became The Joyful Sound!
Wanting to keep the radio ministry alive after Dr. Fuller’s death on March 18, 1968, his son Dr. Daniel Payton Fuller and the Global Broadcasting Association continued the program.
David Allan Hubbard, the 3rd President of Fuller Seminary, became the program’s regular speaker from 1969 until 1981.
Listen in on “The Joyful Sound” on Soundcloud!
Have a wonderful summer! Also please enjoy reading ebooks at David Allan Hubbard Library if you like.
- Bonhoeffer, Christ and culture by Keith L. Johnson, Timothy Larsen. Amazon page
- Black writing, culture, and the state in Latin America by Jerome Branche (Editor.). Amazon page
- Onward: engaging the culture without losing the gospel by Russell Moore. Amazon page
- Religion and politics in the 21st century: global and local reflections by Natalia. Vlas, Vasile. Boari. Amazon page
- Diverse and creative voices: theological essays from the majority world by Dieumeme Noelliste, Sung Wook Chung. Amazon message
- The new evangelization: faith, people, context and practice by Paul Grogan (Chaplain). Amazon page
- Paul and the gentile problem by Matthew Thiessen. Amazon page
- Singing Jeremiah: music and meaning in Holy Week by Robert L. Kendrick. Amazon page
- I win, we lose: the new Social Darwinism and the death of love and other writings by John H. Snow, Frederick. Stecker, Harvey H. Guthrie. Amazon page
- Gateway to the heavenly city: crusader Jerusalem and the Catholic West (1099-1187) by Sylvia Schein. Amazon page
- The baptized muse: early Christian poetry as cultural authority by Karla. Pollmann. Amazon page
- Engaging globalization: the poor, Christian mission, and our hyperconnected world by Bryant L. Myers. Amazon page
- Heaven, hell, and the afterlife: eternity in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam by J. Harold Ellens. Amazon page
- Home and away: contextual theology and local practice by Stephen Burns, Clive Pearson. Amazon page
- The emotionally healthy leader: how transforming your inner life will deeply transform your church, team, and the world by Peter Scazzero. Amazon page
- Fundamentalist U: keeping the Faith in American Higher Education by Adam Laats. Amazon page
- Images of the Divine and Cultural Orientations: Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Voices by Michael. Welker, William. Schweiker. Amazon page
- Jesus without borders: Christology in the majority world by Stephen T. Pardue, Khiok-Khng. Yeo, Gene L. Green. Amazon page
Starting around noon today, the library catalog (WorldCat) and databases became inaccessible due to an error with our library vendor’s servers (OCLC). Our circulation software has also been affected so that books cannot currently be renewed online. We are still able to check books in and out at the front circulation desk, but we will not be able to provide account updates about fees. We are aware of these problems and have contacted OCLC about the access issues.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and trust that access will be returned within a few hours. We will issue an update when normal operation of our systems has been restored.
Thank you for your understanding and patience!
Hello Hubbard Library Patrons!
The Hubbard Library is partnering with Fuller Campus Safety in the implementation of Access Control on campus. Please have your Fuller ID ready to present at the Campus Safety Desk. This is mandatory to all visitors, including Fuller faculty, staff, and students.
Fuller students and faculty: you may pick-up an ID at the Registrar’s Office. Fuller staff: you may pick-up an ID at the Campus Safety Office (HR building), and Fuller alumni: please verify eligibility at the Alumni Office (G-number) and then pick up an ID at the Campus Safety Office (HR building).
The process will take about 5 minutes.
We ask that you please respect the staff and cadets who work hard to keep you safe.
Any arguing, ignoring of staff instructions, or any other unacceptable behavior, constitutes a violation of Fuller’s Community Standards, and all incidents will be reported.
We thank you for your cooperation!
The Hubbard Library Archives & Fuller Studio are making Fuller Seminary’s oldest theological journal – Theology News & Notes – available online! Check out it out on Fuller Seminary’s new Digital Commons at http://digitalcommons.fuller.edu/tnn/
With reflections and insights on FTS campus life, the broader theological landscape, and recommended academic works from 1954-2014, TNN is an amazing way to discover Fuller Seminary in a whole new way. Keep an eye out as we continue adding materials throughout the Summer!
Be sure to stop the new sister location of Ambrose Coffee in the Hubbard Library, starting Monday, July 2nd! Coffee AND books…what a beautiful combination!