Please note that the credit card payment options on PaperCut will be unavailable from Wednesday, February 22 to Thursday, February 23 due to a scheduled maintenance. Please contact the Circulation Desk for alternative payment options. Thank you for your patience and we are sorry for the temporary inconvenience.
Please note that Fuller Library will be updating ILLiad and WorldCat services in the future.
This means the layout and display of each may look different once this project is completed, of which should be during Fuller’s Spring Break, March 20-24.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
February is Black History Month, a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the myriad of contributions Black people have made to our society and country for so many years. To support this, we wanted to display books on Black theology and history, both electronic books or in print. Also be sure to stop by the library lobby to see our Black History Month display!
Please click here to read more
- A Black theology of liberation by James H Cone. Amazon Page
- The cross and the lynching tree by James H Cone. Amazon Page
- Black theology, slavery, and contemporary Christianity by Anthony Reddie. Amazon page
- Black practical theology by Dale P Andrews & Robert London Smith. Amazon Page
- Terror and triumph: the nature of Black religion by Anthony B Pinn. Amazon page
- The decline of African American theology: from biblical faith to cultural captivity by Thabiti M Anyabwile. Amazon page
- Creating Black Americans: African-American History and its Meanings, 1619 to the Present by Nell Irvin Painter. Amazon page
- The Rise and Demise of Black Theology by Alistair Kee. Amazon page
- Beyond the Suffering: Embracing the Legacy of African American Soul Care and Spiritual Direction by Robert W Kellemen & Karole A Edwards. Amazon page
- True to our native land: an African American New Testament commentary by Brian K Blount; Cain Hope Felder; Clarice Jannette Martin; Emerson B Powery. Amazon page
- Working against the grain: re-imaging black theology in the 21st century by Anthony Reddie. Amazon page
- Political melodies in the pews? : the voice of the Black Christian rapper in the twenty-first-century church by David L Moody. Amazon page
- We Have Been Believers: An African American Systematic Theology 2nd Edition by James H. Evans Jr. & Stephen G. Ray Jr. Amazon page
- Hollywood Be Thy Name: African American Religion in American Film, 1929–1949 by Judith Weisenfeld. Amazon page
- God and Race in American Politics: A Short History by Mark A. Noll. Amazon page
- Embodiment and the new shape of black theological thought by Anthony B Pinn. Amazon page
- Afro-Pentecostalism : Black Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity in history and culture by Amos Yong & Estrelda Alexander. Amazon page
- The Cambridge companion to Black theology by Dwight N Hopkins& Edward P Antonio. Amazon page
- Liberating black church history : making it plain by Juan Marcial Floyd-Thomas. Amazon page
- The Oxford handbook of African American theology by Katie G Cannon & Anthony B Pinn. Amazon page
Fuller Library has a month long trial to the Calvin & Geneva 16 database!
This database presents all the texts by or about John Calvin which have been published by the Librairie Droz from 1960 to 2012, with an initial focus on Geneva, Calvin, and the beginnings of the French evangelical movement with Lefèvre d’Etaples and Marguerite de Navarre. 230 texts are currently available.
Click here to be taken to our Databases page and try it out.
Also, be sure to send us your feedback via this survey!
The David Allan Hubbard Library is in the beginning stages of improving our building to better serve the Fuller campus community. But, we also would like YOUR opinion to be mindful of what is desired from our patrons.
Take a few minutes and let us know what you’d like to see and have here at the Fuller Library. This feedback isn’t only for those on-campus; we encourage distance students to also participate.
Fuller Library is excited to announce the arrival of not one, but two Reference Librarians to the Fuller Library!
Audrey Chun is our Reference Librarian & Korean Studies Specialist. She knows Korean and can help Fuller’s Korean student population with their reference questions.
Natalya Pashkova is our Reference Librarian & Community Outreach Specialist. She will be assisting the Electronic Resources Librarian as well as the Archivist in planning events for the Fuller Library and establishing and strengthening our relationships in the community.
Welcome to Fuller, Audrey and Natalya!
Ever been told to “not judge a book by it’s cover?”
Fuller Library is challenging you to do the same! Stop by our Blind Date with a Book display and pick out a “date.” Take the book to the Circulation Desk and get some sweets for your sweet! Who knows…perhaps you will fall in love!
Also, the desk is straight from our Archives – it belonged to and was used by Grace Fuller!
Take a picture with your “date” and be sure to tag #fullerlibrary and #blinddatewithabook on Instagram and Twitter!
Want to know what new items were recently added to David Allen Hubbard Library for February? Check the library news page twice a month!
Please click here to read more
- The Fate of the Jerusalem Temple in Luke-Acts: An Intertextual Approach to Jesus’ Laments Over Jerusalem and Stephen’s Speech by Steve Smith. Amazon Page
- Spirit and Word: dual testimony in Paul, John and Luke by Timothy Wiarda. Amazon Page
- Paul’s large letters: Paul’s autographic subscriptions in the light of ancient epistolary conventions by Steve Reece. Amazon Page
- How to be here : a guide to creating a life worth living by Rob Bell. Amazon page
- You are what you love: the spiritual power of habit by James K A Smith. Amazon Page
- Muslims and the making of America by Amir Hussain. Amazon Page
- 1 Samuel as Christian scripture: a theological commentary by Stephen B Chapman. Amazon Page
- Public faith in action: how to think carefully, engage wisely, and vote with integrity by Miroslav Volf. Amazon Page
- Psychoanalytic mediations between Marxist and postcolonial readings of the Bible by Tat-siong Benny Liew & Erin Runions. Amazon Page
- Medieval wisdom for modern Christians: finding authentic faith in a forgotten age with C.S. Lewis by Chris R Armstrong. Amazon Page
- Women of war, women of woe: Joshua and Judges through the eyes of nineteenth-century female biblical interpreters by Marion Ann Taylor & Christiana de Groot. Amazon Page
- Belonging in Genesis: biblical Israel and the politics of identity formation by Amanda Beckenstein Mbuvi. Amazon Page
- Philosophy in seven sentences: a small introduction to a vast topic by Douglas R Groothuis. Amazon Page.
- A pursued justice: Black preaching from the great migration to civil rights by Kenyatta R Gilbert. Amazon Page
- Advocating for justice: an evangelical vision for transforming systems and structures by Stephen Offutt. Amazon page
- Return to justice: six movements that reignited our contemporary evangelical conscience by Soong-Chan Rah. Amazon Page
- The word enfleshed : exploring the person and work of Christ by Oliver Crisp. Amazon Page
- Communication, pedagogy, and the gospel of Mark by Elizabeth E Shively & Geert Van Oyen. Amazon Page