|To maintain the currency and security of ProQuest products, we are performing maintenance on many ProQuest products beginning on August 18, 2018 U.S. Eastern Time. During the maintenance window, the following products will be temporarily unavailable.
Books products: Saturday, August 18 at 12 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time. Maintenance will conclude within 5 hours.
All other products: Saturday, August 18 at 10 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time. Maintenance will conclude within 8 hours.
Reference management/Research support tools
Bibliographic and catalog enrichment resources
You are receiving this message because you are the administrative contact for your organization, but please forward to others as appropriate. If you have any questions, contact support. Thank you for being a ProQuest customer.
The Hubbard Library will be closed on the following days in September:
Monday, September 3: Labor Day
Thursday – Friday, September 13-14: Mandatory Staff Meetings
We will try out best to return any inquiries made during this time. Thank you for your consideration in this matter!
System maintenance for all data centers is scheduled to start at 2018-08-04 23:00 Pacific Time through 2018-08-05 03:00 Pacific Time affecting the following services:
Connexion, FirstSearch, HostedWise, ILLiad, Interlibrary Loan Policies Directory API, QuestionPoint, QuestionPoint Knowledge Base API, Tipasa, VIAF API, WMS Acquisitions API, WMS Availability API, WMS Circulation API, WMS Collection Management API, WMS NCIP Service, WMS Vendor Information Center API, WorldCat Discovery, WorldCat Identities API, WorldCat knowledge base API, WorldCat Local, WorldCat Metadata API, WorldCat Registry API, WorldCat Search API, WorldCat.org, WorldShare Acquisitions, WorldShare Circulation, WorldShare Collection Manager, WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, WorldShare License Manager, WorldShare Record Manager, WorldShare Reports and Report Designer.
Glad you asked! Charles Fuller’s Old Fashioned Revival Hour became The Joyful Sound!
Wanting to keep the radio ministry alive after Dr. Fuller’s death on March 18, 1968, his son Dr. Daniel Payton Fuller and the Global Broadcasting Association continued the program.
David Allan Hubbard, the 3rd President of Fuller Seminary, became the program’s regular speaker from 1969 until 1981.
Listen in on “The Joyful Sound” on Soundcloud!
Have a wonderful summer! Also please enjoy reading ebooks at David Allan Hubbard Library if you like.
Please click HERE to read more
- Bonhoeffer, Christ and culture by Keith L. Johnson, Timothy Larsen. Amazon page
- Black writing, culture, and the state in Latin America by Jerome Branche (Editor.). Amazon page
- Onward: engaging the culture without losing the gospel by Russell Moore. Amazon page
- Religion and politics in the 21st century: global and local reflections by Natalia. Vlas, Vasile. Boari. Amazon page
- Diverse and creative voices: theological essays from the majority world by Dieumeme Noelliste, Sung Wook Chung. Amazon message
- The new evangelization: faith, people, context and practice by Paul Grogan (Chaplain). Amazon page
- Paul and the gentile problem by Matthew Thiessen. Amazon page
- Singing Jeremiah: music and meaning in Holy Week by Robert L. Kendrick. Amazon page
- I win, we lose: the new Social Darwinism and the death of love and other writings by John H. Snow, Frederick. Stecker, Harvey H. Guthrie. Amazon page
- Gateway to the heavenly city: crusader Jerusalem and the Catholic West (1099-1187) by Sylvia Schein. Amazon page
- The baptized muse: early Christian poetry as cultural authority by Karla. Pollmann. Amazon page
- Engaging globalization: the poor, Christian mission, and our hyperconnected world by Bryant L. Myers. Amazon page
- Heaven, hell, and the afterlife: eternity in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam by J. Harold Ellens. Amazon page
- Home and away: contextual theology and local practice by Stephen Burns, Clive Pearson. Amazon page
- The emotionally healthy leader: how transforming your inner life will deeply transform your church, team, and the world by Peter Scazzero. Amazon page
- Fundamentalist U: keeping the Faith in American Higher Education by Adam Laats. Amazon page
- Images of the Divine and Cultural Orientations: Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Voices by Michael. Welker, William. Schweiker. Amazon page
- Jesus without borders: Christology in the majority world by Stephen T. Pardue, Khiok-Khng. Yeo, Gene L. Green. Amazon page
Starting around noon today, the library catalog (WorldCat) and databases became inaccessible due to an error with our library vendor’s servers (OCLC). Our circulation software has also been affected so that books cannot currently be renewed online. We are still able to check books in and out at the front circulation desk, but we will not be able to provide account updates about fees. We are aware of these problems and have contacted OCLC about the access issues.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and trust that access will be returned within a few hours. We will issue an update when normal operation of our systems has been restored.
Thank you for your understanding and patience!
Hello Hubbard Library Patrons!
The Hubbard Library is partnering with Fuller Campus Safety in the implementation of Access Control on campus. Please have your Fuller ID ready to present at the Campus Safety Desk. This is mandatory to all visitors, including Fuller faculty, staff, and students.
Fuller students and faculty: you may pick-up an ID at the Registrar’s Office. Fuller staff: you may pick-up an ID at the Campus Safety Office (HR building), and Fuller alumni: please verify eligibility at the Alumni Office (G-number) and then pick up an ID at the Campus Safety Office (HR building).
The process will take about 5 minutes.
We ask that you please respect the staff and cadets who work hard to keep you safe.
Any arguing, ignoring of staff instructions, or any other unacceptable behavior, constitutes a violation of Fuller’s Community Standards, and all incidents will be reported.
We thank you for your cooperation!
Please click here to read more
- The Holy Spirit and Christian formation: multidisciplinary perspectives by Diane J. Chandler. Amazon page
- Holy ignorance: when religion and culture part ways by Olivier Roy. Amazon page
- Hittin the prayer bones: materialities of spirit in the pentecostal south by Anderson. Blanton. Amazon page
- The spirit, the affections, and the Christian tradition by Dale M. Coulter. Amazon page
- The spirit of praise: music and worship in global Pentecostal-Charismatic Christianity by Monique Marie Ingalls (Editor.), Amos Yong (Editor.) Amazon page
- Pentecostalism in Africa: presence and impact of pneumatic Christianity in postcolonial societies by Martin Lindhardt. Amazon page
- Pentecostal aesthetics: theological reflections in a pentecostal philosophy of art and aesthetics by Steven. Felix-Jager. Amazon page
- Pneumatology: a guide for the perplexed by Daniel Castelo. Amazon page
- Ascetic pneumatology from John Cassian to Gregory the Great by Thomas L. Humphries. Amazon page
- The Holy Spirit, inspiration, and the cultures of antiquity: multidisciplinary perspectives by Jörg Frey (Editor.). Amazon page
- New Testament essentials: father, son, spirit, and kingdom by Robbie Castleman. Amazon page
- A deeper look at the fruit of the spirit: growing in the likeness of Christ by Hazel. Offner, Dale. Larsen, Sandy. Larsen. Amazon page
- Pentecostal ecclesiology: a reader by Chris E. W. Green. Amazon page
- The Gospel of the Holy Spirit: meditation and commentary on the Acts of the Apostles by Alfred McBride. Amazon page
- Latino Pentecostals in America: faith and politics in action by Gastón Espinosa. Amazon page
- Pentecostalism and witchcraft: spiritual warfare in Africa and Melanesia by Knut Mikjel Rio (Editor.), Michelle MacCarthy (Editor.), Ruy Llera Blanes (Editor.) Amazon page
- Christian spiritual formation: an integrated approach for personal and relational wholeness by Diane J. Chandler (Author.), Cindy Kiple (Cover designer.), Beth Hagenberg (Designer.) Amazon page
- The Sabbath Experiment: Spiritual Formation for Living in a Non-Stop World by Rob. Muthiah, Robert A. Muthiah. Amazon page
The Hubbard Library Archives & Fuller Studio are making Fuller Seminary’s oldest theological journal – Theology News & Notes – available online! Check out it out on Fuller Seminary’s new Digital Commons at http://digitalcommons.fuller.edu/tnn/
With reflections and insights on FTS campus life, the broader theological landscape, and recommended academic works from 1954-2014, TNN is an amazing way to discover Fuller Seminary in a whole new way. Keep an eye out as we continue adding materials throughout the Summer!
Be sure to stop the new sister location of Ambrose Coffee in the Hubbard Library, starting Monday, July 2nd! Coffee AND books…what a beautiful combination!