Unfortunately, ILLiad is still down. We are experiencing a drop in service due to our migration to an OCLC-hosted server. Please note that this service will be back before the start of the fall quarter.
In the meantime, we highly recommend use our Suggest a Book form to let us know what you’d like us to purchase! Please do not think your suggestion isn’t important enough to buy – if it is important to your studies, it is important to Fuller Library.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Summer is almost over which also means that finals are near. Hopefully everyone studies hard but also enjoy the rest of the summer. Please check the new books as usual when you have time!
- The Book of the Twelve – One Book or Many? : Metz Conference Proceedings 5-7 November 2015 by Elena Di. Pede, Donatella. Scaiola. Amazon page
- The epistle to the Romans: a commentary on the Greek text by Richard N. Longenecker. Amazon page
- Leaving Christian Fundamentalism and the Reconstruction of Identity by Josie McSkimming. Amazon page
- Natural Theology Reconfigured: Confucian Axiology and American Pragmatism by Zhiqiu Xu. Amazon page
- The Church, Authority, and Foucault Imagining the Church as an Open Space of Freedom by Steven G. Ogden. Amazon page
- John’s Gospel as Witness The Development of the Early Christian Language of Faith by Alexander S. Jensen. Amazon page
- Jurgen Moltmann’s Ethics of Hope by Timothy Harvie. Amazon page
- Trusting others, trusting God : concepts of belief, faith and rationality by Sheela Pawar. Amazon page
- Nahum / Habakkuk / Zephaniah by Walter. Dietrich, Peter Altmann. Amazon page
- Death in Jewish Life : Burial and Mourning Customs Among Jews of Europe and Nearby Communities by Stefan C. Reif, Andreas. Lehnardt, Avriel. Bar-Levav. Amazon page
- Creation, covenant, and the beginnings of Judaism: reconceiving historical time in the Second Temple period by Ari. Mermelstein. Amazon page
- Exodus through the centuries by Scott M. Langston. Amazon page
- The Song of Songs: an introduction and commentary by Iain M. Duguid. Amazon page
- No ordinary angel: celestial spirits and Christian claims about Jesus by Susan R. Garrett. Amazon page
- Women’s divination in biblical literature: prophecy, necromancy, and other arts of knowledge by Esther J. Hamori. Amazon page
- Where the Gods Are: Spatial Dimensions of Anthropomorphism in the Biblical World by Mark S. Smith. Amazon page
- Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi by Anthony R. Petterson. Amazon page
- 2 Samuel by Robert Barron. Amazon page
Finals are approaching! It’s too dangerous to Google solo. Take a librarian with you!
Librarians are now available for Book-a-Librarian sessions.
Book-a-Librarian is an one on one 30-60 minute meeting with a librarian where we will help you find resources for your specific topic.
To book a librarian:
- Go to the library website library.fuller.edu.
- Click on Reservations link from the main page or click here.
- Click on Schedule a Reference Appointment under Book a Librarian.
- Choose available hours and tell us what research topic you need help with.
- Confirm appointment and you are set!
Be sure to stop by the library lobby during August 21-24 from 10:30am – Noon for some popcorn and lemonade – a nice summer treat!
Fuller Library is looking for 5 – 6 individuals to form the Library Digital Resources Peer Group. This informal group will work closely with the Head of Electronic Services in the procurement of new electronic resources for the David Allan Hubbard Library. The group will “meet” 3 times a year, the first usually being one week after the quarter begins. The initial meeting is to receive a list of resources to peruse and try out on your own time, with a deadline of submitting feedback being two weeks before finals.
We need people from the following areas / groups: SOP, SIS, SOT, Korean / Spanish speakers, on-campus groups, students, faculty, and staff. Alumni may be added in the future, depending on if we can locate eResources that allow for outside current status.
If you are interested, please fill out this application by September 6. Email email@example.com with any questions you may have!
The computer lab in the library will officially be moved by the end of Tuesday, July 25. When using the new computer lab, please using the printing stations in Weyerhaeuser, De Pree and Second Floor. Thank you for your cooperation!
Hi everyone, we hope you are enjoying your summer! Wherever you are, you will be able to access the following eBooks owned the Library!
- Kierkegaard’s theology of encounter: an edifying and polemical life by David. Lappano. Amazon page
- Killing us softly: reborn in the upside-down image of God by Efrem Smit. Amazon page
- The soul of theological anthropology: a Cartesian exploration by Thomas A. Robinson. Amazon page
- Double particularity: Karl Barth, contextuality, and Asian American theology by Daniel D. Lee. Amazon page
- Adoption in Galatians and Romans: contemporary metaphor theories and the Pauline huiothesia metaphors by Erin M. Heim. Amazon page
- Saint Augustine on the resurrection of Christ: teaching, rhetoric, and reception by Gerald O’Collins. Amazon page
- The proselyte and the prophet: character development in Targum Ruth by Christian M. M. Brady. Amazon page
- Eternally spiraling into God: knowledge, love, and ecstasy in the theology of Thomas Gallus by Boyd Taylor Coolman. Amazon page
- Meaning in our bodies: sensory experience as construcive theological imagination by Heike Peckruhn. Amazon page
- Ezra and the Second Wilderness by Philip Young Yoo. Amazon page
- Billy Graham: American pilgrim by Andrew S. Finstuen, Grant Wacker, Anne Blue Wills. Amazon page
- The Trinitarian Christology of St Thomas Aquinas by Front cover image for The Trinitarian Christology of St Thomas Aquinas by D`ominic Legge. Amazon page
- Paradise understood: new philosophical essays about heaven Front cover image for Paradise understood : new philosophical essays about heaven by T. Ryan Byerly, Eric J. Silverman. Amazon page
- Debating Humanity: Towards a Philosophical Sociology by Daniel Chernilo. Amazon page
- Petitionary prayer a philosophical investigation by Scott A. Davison. Amazon page
- The Levites and the boundaries of Israelite identity by Mark Leuchter. Amazon page
- Hegel on the proofs and the personhood of God: studies in Hegel’s logic and philosophy of religion by Robert R. Williams. Amazon page
- Divine powers in late antiquity by Anna. Marmodoro, Irini-Fotini. Viltanioti. Amazon page
In the next couple of weeks, the Fuller Library will be moving our computer lab from the first floor to the second floor. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your cooperation!
Summer is here! Psalm 74:17 says, “It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth; you made both summer and winter.” Praise God that He created summer for us to rest, refresh ourselves and renew our spirits. Hopefully you are enjoying the warmth of summer, enough sleeping and family reunions, etc. Please don’t forget to check new books in the library if you have time. Happy summer!
- A saint in the sun : praising Saint Bernard in the France of Louis XIV by David N. Bell. Amazon page
- Justification in the Second Century by Brian J. Arnold. Amazon page
- Salvation by allegiance alone: rethinking faith, works, and the gospel of Jesus the King by Matthew W. Bates. Amazon page
- Kierkegaard: a single life by Stephen Backhouse. Amazon page
- Gleanings from the caves : Dead Sea Scrolls and artifacts from the Schøoyen collection by Torleif Elgvin, Kipp Davis, Michaël Langlois. Amazon page
- The church as movement: starting and sustaining missional-incarnational communities by J. R. Woodward. Amazon page
- Exalting Jesus in Revelation by Eric. Redmon, Bill. Curtis, Ken. Rentress, David. Platt, Dr. Daniel L. Akin, Tony. Merida. Amazon page
- A companion to Job in the Middle Ages by Franklin T. Harkins. Amazon page
- Hollow men, strange women: riddles, codes, and otherness in the Book of Judges by Robin Baker. Amazon page
- Jonah and the meaning of our lives: a verse-by-verse contemporary commentary by Steven M. Bob. Amazon page
- Reduced laughter: seriocomic features and their functions in the Book of Kings by Helen Paynter. Amazon page
- On the nature and existence of God by Richard M. Gale. Amazon page
- Gregory of Nazianzus by Brian J. Matz. Amazon page
- Becoming a pastor theologian : new possibilities for church leadership by Todd A. Wilson, Gerald Hiestand. Amazon page
- Interpreting scriptures in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam: overlapping inquiries by Mordechai Z. Cohen, Adele Berlin. Amazon page
- The Apostle Paul and the Christian life: ethical and missional implications of the new perspective by Scot McKnight. Amazon page
- God beyond words : Christian theology and the spiritual experiences of people with profound intellectual disabilities by Jill Harshaw. Amazon page
- The Acts of the Apostles through the centuries by Heidi J. Hornik, Mikeal C. Parsons. Amazon page