As per the the mandate given by Dr. Labberton on March 17, the Hubbard Library will be closed starting Saturday, March 21 until Sunday, April 12*. As such, Hubbard Library has to make slight changes to the following services:
- – Scan on Demand—Hubbard Library is temporarily lifting the distance restriction on Scan on Demand until April 12*. Requests for this service can be placed through the InterLibrary Loan form, located here. Be sure to select if your request is for an article or book chapter. We still have to remain within copyright (15 percent of a work or less) and requests will be limited to three (3) per person, per week. Given our reduced staff, we are unable to permit more than three (3) requests and more than three (3) requests from a patron will be cancelled. Also, please allow longer than usual (4-5 business days) processing times for requests.
- – Books by Mail—Hubbard Library is suspending this service until Sunday, April 12*.
- – Books due during library closure—If you have a due date that is during the closure, you can turn in all your books to the book drop outside the Library. You may also extend your due dates through your Library Account. Click the orange “My Account” button on the top left-hand corner of the Library site. Then, click on your name and in the drop down menu, “My Account.” On this page, you can click on “Renew” on the items you want to keep longer. After the closure, books will be due at the end of day on Monday, April 13th. Course Reserves books kept during the break will continue to accrue fines which will not be waived. If you have any questions or concerns about due dates, please email email@example.com
- – Course Reserves—Items in Course Reserves will not be available for checkout during the closure.
- – Reference Librarians, Electronic Services, Circulation—Our team is available to be reached virtually should patrons have any issues in using eBooks and databases. We have a Resources Page on our website with many how-to’s and also in our Canvas course. For further assistance, patrons may contact our reference librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org, our electronic resources team at email@example.com, and our circulation team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This date may be changed in the future.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com. Thank you for your patience in this matter and have a wonderful day!
Executive Director of the Library