Happy Fall Quarter! Below is some of eBooks purchased for ECD and syllabi for fall quarter!
- Harink, Douglas (ed.). Paul, Philosophy, and the Theopolitical Vision. Wipf & Stock. Amazon page
- Ma, Julie C. and Wonsuk Ma, Mission in the Spirit: Toward a Pentecostal/Charismatic Missiology. Wipf and Stock, 2011. Amazon page
- Heifetz, R. and Linsky, M. Leadership on the Line. HBSP, 2002. Amazon page
- Jensen, L. Paul. Subversive Spirituality: Transforming Mission through the Collapse of Space and Time. Pickwick, 2009. Amazon page
- Ripkin, Nick with Barry Stricker. The Insanity of Obedience: Walking with Jesus in Tough Places. B&H Publishing Group, 2014. Amazon page
- John Allan, The Global War on Christians: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Anti-Christian Persecution. Random House Co., 2013. Amazon page
- Bolton, Matthew. How to Resist: Turn Protest into Power. London: Bloomsbury, 2017. Amazon page
- Holmes, Michael W. The Apostolic Fathers. Baker Academic, 1999. Amazon page
- Adler, M. J., and C. Van Doren. How To Read a Book. Rev. ed. Simon & Schuster, 1972. Amazon page
- Gonzales, Karen. The God Who Sees: Immigrants, the Bible and the Journey to Belong. Herald Press. 2019. Amazon page
- Huckins, Jon and Jer Swigart. Mending the Divides: Creative Love in a Conflicted World. Intervarsity Press, 2017. Amazon page
- Pontón, M. Dinámicas Familiares a través de la vida de José: La Túnica del Padre. CLIE, 2016. Amazon page
- Turman, Eboni Marshall. Toward a Womanist Ethic of Incarnation: Black Bodies, The Black Church, and the Council of Chalcedon .New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013. Amazon page
- Nazario, S. Enrique’s Journey. New York: Random House, 2006. Amazon page
Hubbard Library has a few openings for part-time work! Check Fuller’s ADP website to apply for the following:
- Library Public Services Assistant
- Cataloging Assistant (Work Study Only)
- Acquisitions Assistant (Work Study Only)
- Copy Cataloger
- Archives Assistant
- Alternative Lending Assistant (Work Study Only)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended Finals Hours for Summer 2019 Quarter:
Monday (August 26) – Thursday (August 29): 9a – 9p
Friday (August 30): 1p – 9p
Saturday (August 31): 12p – 4p
Monday, September 2- Closed
Tuesday (September 3) – Friday (September 6): 9a – 9p
Saturday (September 6): 12p-4p
Please contact email@example.com with any questions. Thank you!
Happy Summer! Please check out the following books when you have time.
- Mentoring: biblical, theological, and practical perspectives by Dean K Thompson (Editor), D Cameron Murchison (Editor) Jr.. Amazon page
- Humility and human flourishing : a study in analytic moral theology by Michael W Austin (Author) by Michael W Austin (Author) Amazon page
- Humility, pride, and Christian virtue theory by Kent Dunnington (Author). Amazon page
- The morals of the story : good news about a good God by David Baggett (Author), Marybeth Baggett (Author) Amazon page
- Venus and virtue : celebrating sex and seeking sanctification by Jerry L Walls (Editor), Jeremy Neill (Editor), David Baggett (Editor) Amazon page
- The Evolution of the West : how Christianity has shaped our values by Nick Spencer (Author) Amazon page
- Christian ethics and moral philosophy : an introduction to issues and approaches by Craig A Boyd (Author), Don Thorsen (Author) Amazon page
- Disarming the church : why Christians must forsake violence to follow Jesus and change the world by Eric A Seibert Amazon page
- Biblical boundaries of forgiveness : a biblical and ethical study of forgiveness as it relates to repentance, reconciliation, and justice by Vee Chandler (Author) Amazon page
- Crippled grace : disability, virtue ethics, and the good life by Shane Clifton (Author) Amazon page
- If Jesus is Lord: loving our enemies in an age of violence by Ronald J Sider (Author) Amazon page
- Thomas Aquinas on the beatitudes : reading Matthew, disputing grace and virtue, preaching happiness by Anton ten Klooster (Author), Thomas Instituut te Utrecht (Responsible party) Amazon page
- The Sermon on the Mount and human flourishing : a theological commentary by Jonathan T Pennington (Author) 9780801049637 Amazon page
- Parables and rhetoric in the Sermon on the Mount : new approaches to a classical text by Ernst Baasland (Author) Amazon page
- The Sermon on the Mount : the perfect measure of the Christian life by Frank J Matera 0814635482 Amazon page
- The Orthodox reality : culture, theology, and ethics in the modern world by Vigen Guroian (Author) Amazon page
- Anti-Blackness and Christian ethics by Vincent W Lloyd (Editor), Andrew L Prevot (Editor) Amazon page
Starting fall quarter 2019, Fuller Library has new guidelines in regards to both Course Reserves and eReserves and Course Reserves.
Hard deadlines of three weeks before the quarter begins for courses that need more than 150 pages will be implemented. Last minute (less than three weeks) requests will not be fulfilled (ex: September 14 – Fall 2019; December 18 – Winter 2020).
eReserves requests submitted after the three week deadline are now limited to 5 per course or 150 pages, whichever comes first.
In an effort to reduce duplicate costs for items, eBooks, online articles, or self-produced works which can satisfy eReserves requests will not be linked in the eReserves course on Canvas. Please note the book in the ECD and state, “eBook is available through the Hubbard Library,” or provide a link in your course page to the item (s).
Required course readings available as an eBook will not be pulled and shelved in print in Course Reserves.
Books only available in print will be put in Course Reserves.
The library will not purchase duplicate print books for Course Reserves.
eBook links will not be available in the Course Reserve page. Please note the book in the ECD and state, “eBook is available through the Hubbard Library.”
Enjoy reading the following new books from the Hubbard Library.
- Understanding scientific theories of origins: cosmology, geology, and biology in Christian perspective by Robert C Bishop (Author). Amazon page
- Other gods and idols: the relationship between the worship of other gods and the worship of idols within the Old Testament by Thomas A Judge (Author). Amazon page
- Relational Integration of Psychology and Christian Theology: Theory, Research, and Practice by Steven J Sandage, Jeannine K Brown. Amazon page
- Disability and spirituality: recovering wholeness by William C Gaventa (Author). Amazon page
- Baptists through the centuries: a history of a global people by David Bebbington (Author). Amazon page
- Religious pluralism and interreligious theology: the Gifford lectures–an extended edition by Perry Schmidt-Leukel (Author). Amazon page
- Hearing vocation differently: meaning, purpose, and identity in the multi-faith academy by David S Cunningham (Author). Amazon page
- For the life of the world: theology that makes a difference by Miroslav Volf (Author), Matthew Croasmun (Author). Amazon page
- Christian mission, contextual theology, prophetic dialogue: essays in honor of Stephen B. Bevans, SVD by Dale T Irvin (Editor), Peter C Phan (Editor), Stephen B Bevans (Honouree.) Amazon page
- The church from every tribe and tongue : ecclesiology in the majority world by Gene L Green (Editor), Stephen T Pardue (Editor), Khiok-Khng Yeo (Editor). Amazon page
- God and difference: the trinity, sexuality, and the transformation of finitude by Linn Marie Tonstad. Amazon page
- Considering comparison: a method for religious studies by Oliver Freiberger (Author), ProQuest (Firm) by Oliver Freiberger (Author), ProQuest (Firm). Amazon page
- World Christianity: a historical and theological introduction by Lalsangkima Pachuau (Author). Amazon page
- Near-death experience in indigenous religions by Gregory Shushan (Author). Amazon page
- Encounters: the art of interfaith dialogue by Aaron Rosen (Editor), Nicola Green (Artist). Amazon page
- Dogmatics after Babel: beyond the theologies of word and culture by Rubén Rosario Rodríguez (Author). Amazon page
- Between one faith and another: engaging conversations on the world’s great religions by Peter Kreeft (Author). Amazon page
- We gather together: the religious right and the problem of interfaith politics by Neil J Young (Author). Amazon page
Please be aware that the Hubbard Library will have new regular operating hours starting Monday, June 17th, 2019.
The new operating hours will be:
9 AM — 9 PM
9 AM — 6 PM
9 AM — 6 PM
9 AM — 9 PM
1 PM — 4 PM
12 PM — 4 PM
If you have any questions about the change in library hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us for free ice cream and pizza at Noon outside the Library on Monday, June 10! You will need a wristband to participate – get one at the front desk prior to 11:30am. While supplies last.
We’ve purchased many books in German and Korean language. Some of them are below:
- Exodus: Die Revolution der Alten Welt by Jan Assmann (Author). Amazon page
- “When the morning stars sang”: essays in honor of Choon Leong Seow on the occasion of his sixty-fifth birthday by C L Seow (Honouree.), Scott C Jones (Editor), Christine Roy Yoder (Editor). Amazon page
- Erzählte Welten im Richterbuch: narratologische Aspekte eines polyfonen Diskurses by Susanne Gillmayr-Bucher. Amazon page
- Daniel 10-12 als Schlüssel zum Buch by Regina Wildgruber. Amazon page
- Der zweite Thessalonicherbrief by Tobias Nicklas (Author) Amazon page
- Der Lukaskommentar des Bonaventura von Bagnoregio als Handbuch der franziskanischen Spiritualität by Jan C Klok (Author) Amazon page
- Griechischer Mythos und der Orient : Studien zu Ikonographie und Inhalt mythischer Überlieferung by Hristomir Hristov (Author) Amazon page
- Die paulinische Angelologie und Dämonologie : ein biblisch-theologischer Versuch by Otto Everling (Author) Amazon page
- Das öffentliche Auftreten des Christentums im spätantiken Antiochia : eine Studie unter besonderer Berücksichtigung der Agonmetaphorik in ausgewählten Märtyrerpredigten des Johannes Chrysostomos by Frauke Krautheim (Author) Amazon page
- Jesus, der Retter : die Soteriologie des lukanischen Doppelwerks by Torsten Jantsch (Author) Amazon page
- 그리스도는 누구인가? : 시대가 묻고 신학이 답하다 = Who is Christ? : Questions of the age, answers of theology by 김동건., 김 동건, author (Author) Tong-gŏn Kim.
- 례위기 성경신학 : 여호와의 산에 오를 자가 누구인가 = Who shall ascend the mountain of the Lord? by L. 마이클 모랄레스 지음 ; 신윤수 옮김., L Michael Morales (Author), 신 윤수 (Translator) Yun-su Sin.
- 가이사의 나라 예수의 나라 : 제국의 시각으로 뒤집어 읽는 신약성서 = Jesus Is Lord, Caesar Is Not : Evaluating Empire in New Testament Studies by 스캇 맥나이트, 조지프 모디카 편집 ; 홍성수 옮김., Scot McKnight (Editor), Joseph B Modica (Editor), 홍 성수 (Translator) Sŏng-su Hong.
- 나는 하나님 앞에서 의로울 수 있을까? : 성경과 신앙고백서, 요리문답으로 배우는 이신칭의 교리by 손재익., 손 재익 by author (Author), Chae-ik Son. Amazon page
- 예수의 종말론Yesu ŭi chongmallon by R.C. 스프라울 지음 ; 김정식 옮김., R C Sproul (Author), 김 정식 (Translator) Chŏng-sik Kim.
- 혁명이 시작된 날 : 십자가의 의미를 다시 생각하다by 톰 라이트 ; 이지혜 옮김., N T Wright (Author), 이 지혜 (Translator) Chi-hye Yi.
- 은혜에서 미끄러질 때 = Falling away from grace by 김 남준.
- 고대 근동과 구약의 양자신학by 노남근 지음., 노 남근, author (Author)
- Nam-gŭn No.
The Library will be closed on Monday, May 27 in observance of Memorial Day.
Also, due to a library staff meeting, the Hubbard Library will be closing early on Friday, May 31 at 12:30pm. Thank you for your cooperation.