Celebrate Black History Month by checking out some of our new titles!
- T & T Clark Handbook of African American Theology by Frederick L Ware, Antonia Michelle Daymond, Eric Lewis Williams 0567675467 . Amazon page
- Race in John’s gospel : toward an ethnos-conscious approach by Andrew Benko (Author) 9781978706194 1978706197 Amazon page
- Black Christology and the quest for authenticity : a philosophical appraisal by John H McClendon (Author)1498585361 9781498585361 Amazon page
- Dear church : a love letter from a black preacher to the whitest denomination in the U.S by Lenny Duncan (Author) 1506452574 9781506452579 Amazon page
- The Black Christ by Kelly Brown Douglas 9781608337781 1608337782 Amazon page
- Black Transhuman Liberation Theology : Technology and Spirituality by Philip Butler 1350081949 9781350081949 Amazon page
- Evangelical theologies of liberation and justice by Mae Elise Cannon (Editor), Andrea Smith (Editor) 9780830870967 0830870962 Amazon page
- Homeland insecurity : a hip hop missiology for the post-Civil Rights context by Daniel White Hodge 9780830851812 083085181X Amazon page
- For Such a Time as This : Hope and Forgiveness after the Charleston Massacre by Sharon Risher, Michael W Waters, Sherri Wood Emmons 9780827243248 0827243243 9780827243255 0827243251 Amazon page
- Sacraments of memory : Catholicism and slavery in contemporary African American literature by Erin Michael Salius (Author) 9780813052304 0813052300 Amazon page
- Ontological terror : Blackness, nihilism, and emancipation by Calvin L Warren (Author) 9780822371847 0822371847 Amazon page
- Black consciousness and progressive movements under apartheid by Ian M Macqueen (Author) Amazon page
- A pneumatology of race in the Gospel of John: an ethnocritical study by Rodolfo Galvan Estrada (Author) III. 9781532670862 1532670869 Amazon page
- A place to worship: African American camp meetings in the Carolinas by Minuette B Floyd (Author) 9781611178890 Amazon page
- Howard Thurman’s philosophical mysticism: love against fragmentation by Anthony Sean Neal (Author) 9781498552769 1498552765 Amazon page
- Kendrick Lamar and the making of black meaning by Christopher M Driscoll (Editor), Monica R Miller (Editor), Anthony B Pinn (Editor) 1351010859 9781351010825 Amazon page
- Gone home: race and roots through Appalachia by Karida Brown (Author). 9781469647043 1469647044 9781469647050 1469647052 Amazon page
- Reading Hebrews and 1 Peter with the African American Great Migration: diaspora, place, and identity by Jennifer T Kaalund (Author) 0567679985 9780567679987 Amazon page
Happy Martin Luther King Day!
- Martin Luther King Jr. by Valerie Bodden (Author). Amazon page
- Dangerous Friendship: Stanley Levison, Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Kennedy Brothers by Ben Kamin.
- Birmingham revolution: Martin Luther King Jr.’s epic challenge to the church by Edward Gilbreath, Cindy Kiple, Phil Marcelo. Amazon page
- The King years : historic moments in the civil rights movement by Taylor Branch Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr. and the morality of legal practice : lessons in love and justice by Robert K Vischer Amazon page
- King’s dream by Eric J Sundquist Amazon page
- Martin & Malcolm & America: a dream or a nightmare? by James H Cone (Author) Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr., man of ideas and nonviolent social action by Rufus Burrow. Amazon page
- King : a biography by David Levering Lewis Amazon page
- The radical King by Martin Luther King Jr.,, Cornel West (Editor) (Writer of introduction) Amazon page
- Strength to love by Martin Luther King Jr.,, Coretta Scott King Amazon page
- Never to leave us alone : the prayer life of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Lewis V Baldwin (Author) Amazon page
- Killing King : racial terrorists, James Earl Ray, and the plot to assassinate Martin Luther King Jr by Stuart Wexler (Author), Larry J Hancock (Author) Amazon page
Happy Fall Quarter! Below is some of eBooks purchased for ECD and syllabi for fall quarter!
- Harink, Douglas (ed.). Paul, Philosophy, and the Theopolitical Vision. Wipf & Stock. Amazon page
- Ma, Julie C. and Wonsuk Ma, Mission in the Spirit: Toward a Pentecostal/Charismatic Missiology. Wipf and Stock, 2011. Amazon page
- Heifetz, R. and Linsky, M. Leadership on the Line. HBSP, 2002. Amazon page
- Jensen, L. Paul. Subversive Spirituality: Transforming Mission through the Collapse of Space and Time. Pickwick, 2009. Amazon page
- Ripkin, Nick with Barry Stricker. The Insanity of Obedience: Walking with Jesus in Tough Places. B&H Publishing Group, 2014. Amazon page
- John Allan, The Global War on Christians: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Anti-Christian Persecution. Random House Co., 2013. Amazon page
- Bolton, Matthew. How to Resist: Turn Protest into Power. London: Bloomsbury, 2017. Amazon page
- Holmes, Michael W. The Apostolic Fathers. Baker Academic, 1999. Amazon page
- Adler, M. J., and C. Van Doren. How To Read a Book. Rev. ed. Simon & Schuster, 1972. Amazon page
- Gonzales, Karen. The God Who Sees: Immigrants, the Bible and the Journey to Belong. Herald Press. 2019. Amazon page
- Huckins, Jon and Jer Swigart. Mending the Divides: Creative Love in a Conflicted World. Intervarsity Press, 2017. Amazon page
- Pontón, M. Dinámicas Familiares a través de la vida de José: La Túnica del Padre. CLIE, 2016. Amazon page
- Turman, Eboni Marshall. Toward a Womanist Ethic of Incarnation: Black Bodies, The Black Church, and the Council of Chalcedon .New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013. Amazon page
- Nazario, S. Enrique’s Journey. New York: Random House, 2006. Amazon page
Enjoy reading the following new books from the Hubbard Library.
- Understanding scientific theories of origins: cosmology, geology, and biology in Christian perspective by Robert C Bishop (Author). Amazon page
- Other gods and idols: the relationship between the worship of other gods and the worship of idols within the Old Testament by Thomas A Judge (Author). Amazon page
- Relational Integration of Psychology and Christian Theology: Theory, Research, and Practice by Steven J Sandage, Jeannine K Brown. Amazon page
- Disability and spirituality: recovering wholeness by William C Gaventa (Author). Amazon page
- Baptists through the centuries: a history of a global people by David Bebbington (Author). Amazon page
- Religious pluralism and interreligious theology: the Gifford lectures–an extended edition by Perry Schmidt-Leukel (Author). Amazon page
- Hearing vocation differently: meaning, purpose, and identity in the multi-faith academy by David S Cunningham (Author). Amazon page
- For the life of the world: theology that makes a difference by Miroslav Volf (Author), Matthew Croasmun (Author). Amazon page
- Christian mission, contextual theology, prophetic dialogue: essays in honor of Stephen B. Bevans, SVD by Dale T Irvin (Editor), Peter C Phan (Editor), Stephen B Bevans (Honouree.) Amazon page
- The church from every tribe and tongue : ecclesiology in the majority world by Gene L Green (Editor), Stephen T Pardue (Editor), Khiok-Khng Yeo (Editor). Amazon page
- God and difference: the trinity, sexuality, and the transformation of finitude by Linn Marie Tonstad. Amazon page
- Considering comparison: a method for religious studies by Oliver Freiberger (Author), ProQuest (Firm) by Oliver Freiberger (Author), ProQuest (Firm). Amazon page
- World Christianity: a historical and theological introduction by Lalsangkima Pachuau (Author). Amazon page
- Near-death experience in indigenous religions by Gregory Shushan (Author). Amazon page
- Encounters: the art of interfaith dialogue by Aaron Rosen (Editor), Nicola Green (Artist). Amazon page
- Dogmatics after Babel: beyond the theologies of word and culture by Rubén Rosario Rodríguez (Author). Amazon page
- Between one faith and another: engaging conversations on the world’s great religions by Peter Kreeft (Author). Amazon page
- We gather together: the religious right and the problem of interfaith politics by Neil J Young (Author). Amazon page
We’ve purchased many books in German and Korean language. Some of them are below:
- Exodus: Die Revolution der Alten Welt by Jan Assmann (Author). Amazon page
- “When the morning stars sang”: essays in honor of Choon Leong Seow on the occasion of his sixty-fifth birthday by C L Seow (Honouree.), Scott C Jones (Editor), Christine Roy Yoder (Editor). Amazon page
- Erzählte Welten im Richterbuch: narratologische Aspekte eines polyfonen Diskurses by Susanne Gillmayr-Bucher. Amazon page
- Daniel 10-12 als Schlüssel zum Buch by Regina Wildgruber. Amazon page
- Der zweite Thessalonicherbrief by Tobias Nicklas (Author) Amazon page
- Der Lukaskommentar des Bonaventura von Bagnoregio als Handbuch der franziskanischen Spiritualität by Jan C Klok (Author) Amazon page
- Griechischer Mythos und der Orient : Studien zu Ikonographie und Inhalt mythischer Überlieferung by Hristomir Hristov (Author) Amazon page
- Die paulinische Angelologie und Dämonologie : ein biblisch-theologischer Versuch by Otto Everling (Author) Amazon page
- Das öffentliche Auftreten des Christentums im spätantiken Antiochia : eine Studie unter besonderer Berücksichtigung der Agonmetaphorik in ausgewählten Märtyrerpredigten des Johannes Chrysostomos by Frauke Krautheim (Author) Amazon page
- Jesus, der Retter : die Soteriologie des lukanischen Doppelwerks by Torsten Jantsch (Author) Amazon page
- 그리스도는 누구인가? : 시대가 묻고 신학이 답하다 = Who is Christ? : Questions of the age, answers of theology by 김동건., 김 동건, author (Author) Tong-gŏn Kim.
- 례위기 성경신학 : 여호와의 산에 오를 자가 누구인가 = Who shall ascend the mountain of the Lord? by L. 마이클 모랄레스 지음 ; 신윤수 옮김., L Michael Morales (Author), 신 윤수 (Translator) Yun-su Sin.
- 가이사의 나라 예수의 나라 : 제국의 시각으로 뒤집어 읽는 신약성서 = Jesus Is Lord, Caesar Is Not : Evaluating Empire in New Testament Studies by 스캇 맥나이트, 조지프 모디카 편집 ; 홍성수 옮김., Scot McKnight (Editor), Joseph B Modica (Editor), 홍 성수 (Translator) Sŏng-su Hong.
- 나는 하나님 앞에서 의로울 수 있을까? : 성경과 신앙고백서, 요리문답으로 배우는 이신칭의 교리by 손재익., 손 재익 by author (Author), Chae-ik Son. Amazon page
- 예수의 종말론Yesu ŭi chongmallon by R.C. 스프라울 지음 ; 김정식 옮김., R C Sproul (Author), 김 정식 (Translator) Chŏng-sik Kim.
- 혁명이 시작된 날 : 십자가의 의미를 다시 생각하다by 톰 라이트 ; 이지혜 옮김., N T Wright (Author), 이 지혜 (Translator) Chi-hye Yi.
- 은혜에서 미끄러질 때 = Falling away from grace by 김 남준.
- 고대 근동과 구약의 양자신학by 노남근 지음., 노 남근, author (Author)
- Nam-gŭn No.
Happy Martin Luther King Day!
- To shape a new world: essays on the political philosophy of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Tommie Shelby (Editor.), Brandon M. Terry (Editor.) Amazon page
- Breaking white supremacy: Martin Luther King Jr. and the black social gospel by Gary J. Dorrien (Author.) Amazon page
- We Will Get to the Promised Land Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Communal-political Spirituality by Hak Joon Lee, Peter J. Paris. Amazon page
- Behind the public veil: the humanness of Martin Luther King Jr. by Lewis V. Baldwin. Amazon page
- Martin Luther King, Jr., and the theology of resistance by Rufus Burrow. Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr., Heroism, and African American Literature by Trudier. Harris. Amazon page
- A time to break silence: the essential works of Martin Luther King, Jr. for students by Martin Luther King (Author.) Jr., Walter Dean Myers (Writer of introduction.). Amazon page
- The liberatory thought of Martin Luther King Jr. : critical essays on the philosopher King by Robert E. Birt. Amazon page
- The great world house: Martin Luther King, Jr., and global ethics by Hak Joon Lee. Amazon page
- A child shall lead them: Martin Luther King Jr., young people, and the movement by Rufus Burrow (Author.) Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr., man of ideas and nonviolent social action by Rufus Burrow. Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr by John A. Kirk. Amazon page
Happy September! Wishing you have a wonderful and productive quarter!
- Contemporary issues of migration and theology by Elaine. Padilla, Peter C. Phan. Amazon page
- Christian mysticism and incarnational theology: between transcendence and immanence by Louise. Nelstrop, Simon D. Podmore. Amazon page
- Hope and the longing for Utopia : futures and illusions in theology and narrative by Daniel Boscaljon (Editor.) Amazon page
- The games people play: theology, religion, and sport by Robert Ellis (Author.) Amare page
- Christian Moral Theology in the Emerging Technoculture: From Posthuman Back to Human by Brent. Waters. Amazon page
- The spiritual city: theology, spirituality, and the urban by Philip. Sheldrake. Amazon page
- Perpetually reforming: a theology of church reform and renewal by John P. Bradbury. Amazon page
- Political affections: civic participation and moral theology by Joshua. Hordern. Amazon page
- Apostles today: making sense of contemporary Charismatic apostolates: a historical and theological appraisal by Benjamin G. McNair Scott (Author.). Amazon page
- Joy and human flourishing: essays on theology, culture and the good life by Miroslav Volf (Editor.), Justin E. Crisp (Editor.) Amazon page
- Karl Barth and the future of evangelical theology by Christian T. Collins Winn, John L. Drury. Amazon page
- History and contemporary issues: studies in moral theology by Charles E. Curran (Author.)Amazon page
- Handbook of global contemporary Christianity: themes and developments in culture, politics, and society by Stephen Hunt (Editor.) Amazon page
- Something old, something new: contemporary entanglements of religion and secularity by Wayne Glausser. Amazon page
- Theology and economics: a Christian vision of the common good by Jeremy Kidwell (Editor.) Amazon page
- The lost knowledge of Christ: contemporary spiritualties, Christian cosmology, and the arts by Dominic. White. Amazon page
- The lure of the dark side: Satan and western demonology in popular culture by Christopher H. Partridge, Eric S. Christianson. Amazon page
- Theology of migration in the Abrahamic religions by Elaine Padilla (Editor.). Amazon page
Enjoy reading the books below!
- Theology and California: Theological Refractions on California’s Culture by Fred. Sanders, Jason S. Sexto. Amazon page
- The blood of Christ in the theology of William Tyndale by Ralph S. Werrell. Amazon page
- Understanding religious pluralism: perspectives from religious studies and theology by Peter C. Phan, Jonathan Ray. Amazon page
- Old Testament Theology: a Thematic Approach by Robin. Routledge. Amazon page
- Signs & wonders: theology after modernity by Ellen T. Armour. Amazon page
- 6. Reinterpreting the Eucharist: Explorations in Feminist Theology and Ethics by Anne F. Elvey (Editor), Carol Hogan (Editor), Kim Power (Editor), Claire Renkin (Editor). Amazon page
- Post-traumatic public theology by Stephanie N. Arel (Editor.), Shelly. Rambo. Amazon page
- Johannine theology: the gospel, the Epistles and the Apocalypse by Paul A. Rainbow. Amazon page
- The theology of the Book of Isaiah by John Goldingay. Amazon page
- The doctrine of humanity in the theology of Reinhold Niebuhr by Kenneth Hamilton, Jane Barter Moulaison. Amazon page
- Catholic theology after Kierkegaard by Joshua Furnal. Amazon page
- Evangelical postcolonial conversations: global awakenings in theology and praxis by Kay Higuera Smith, Jayachitra Lalitha , L. Daniel Hawk. Amazon page
- Trinitarian ontology and Israel in Robert W. Jenson’s theology by Sang-hoon Lee. Amazon page
- The end of theology: shaping theology for the sake of mission by Jason S. Sexton (Editor.), Paul Weston (Editor.). Amazon page
- Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down! : the eschatological theology of third Isaiah (Isaiah 56-66). by Abraham Sung-Ho Oh. Amazon page
- The future of evangelical theology: soundings from the Asian American diaspora by Amos Yong. Amazon page
Feminist biblical studies in the twentieth century: scholarship and movement by Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza. Amazon page
The following books are some we purchased in April for the William E. Pannell African American Church Studies Collection. When you visit the library, please take a look at the Pannell Collection on the third floor. You also can read many eBooks related to the subject.
- The Black Church studies reader by Alton B. Pollard. Amazon page
- African American theological ethics: a reader by Peter J. Paris (Editor.) Amazon page
- Toward a womanist ethic of incarnation : Black bodies, the Black church, and the Council of Chalcedon by Eboni Marshall Turman. Amazon page
- Religion of the field Negro : on Black secularism and Black theology by Vincent W. Lloyd Amazon page
- The power of unearned suffering: the roots and implications of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s theodicy by Mika Edmondson. Amazon page
- Brand New Theology: The Wal-Martization of T.D. Jakes and the New Black Church by by Paula L. McGee. Amazon page
- Beholding Christ and Christianity in African American art by James Romaine (Editor.) Phoebe Wolfskill (Editor.) Amazon page
- The Holy Ghost got a new dance: an examination of black theology and holy hip-hop in inner-city ministry by Willie. Hudson, Don Thorsen. Amazon page
- Indigenous black theology : toward an african -centered theology of the african-american … religious experience by Jawanza Eric. Clark. Amazon page
- Womanist and black feminist responses to Tyler Perry’s productions by by LeRhonda S. Manigault-Bryant (Editor.), Tamura A. Lomax (Editor.), Carol B. Duncan (Editor.) Amazon page
- The Lord gave me this : understanding historic leadership development practices of the black church to prepare tomorrow’s leaders by Terrell Carter. Amazon page
- Philosophy of African American Studies: Nothing Left of Blackness by Stephen C. Ferguson. Amazon page
- Black & reformed : seeing God’s sovereignty in the African-American Christian experience by Anthony J. Carter. Amazon page
- Pillars of cloud and fire : the politics of Exodus in African American biblical interpretation by Herbert Robinson Marbury. Amazon page
- African American religions, 1500-2000 : colonialism, democracy, and freedom by Sylvester A. Johnson. Amazon page
- Black print unbound : the Christian recorder, African America, and literature, and periodical culture by Eric. Gardner. Amazon page
- Martin Luther King, Jr., and the theology of resistance by Rufus Burrow. Amazon page
- Urban God talk : constructing a hip hop spirituality by Andre E. Johnson. Amazon page
- Black and Human: Rediscovering King as a Resource for Black Theology and Ethics by Don Loyd Davis. Amazon page
- A History Of The African American Church by Carter Godwin Woodson. Amazon page
Happy April! Hope you will enjoy some of the following books.
- New perspectives in the theology of Judaism by Shubert Spero. Amazon page
- Alcuin: theology and thought by Douglas. Dales. Amazon page
- From Theology to Theological Thinking by Jean-Yves. Lacoste. Amazon page
- The Evolution of Time: Studies of Time in Science, Anthropology, Theology by Argyris Nicolaidis, Wolfgang Achtner. Amazon page
- Judith Plaistow: feminism, theology, and justice by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, Aaron W. Hughes. Amazon page
- Exploring ordinary theology: everyday Christian believing and the church by Jeff. Astley, Leslie J. Francis. Amazon page
- Tamil Folk Music as Dalit Liberation Theology by Zoe C. Sherinian. Amazon page
- Introducing Eastern Orthodox theology by Andrew Louth. Amazon page
- The political theology of Schelling by Saitya Brata Das. Amazon page
- Kaleidoscope : F.M. Dostoevsky and the early dialectical theology by Katya Tolstaya (Author.), Anthony Runia (Translator.), Frank Bestebreurtje (Editor.). Amazon page
- The IVP Bible background commentary: New Testament by Craig S. Keener, InterVarsity Press. Amazon page
- The Jews and the Bible by Jean-Christophe Attias. Amazon page
- The challenge of received tradition: dilemmas of interpretation in Radak’s biblical commentaries by by Naomi Grunhaus. Amazon page
- The message of Jeremiah: against wind and tide by Christopher J. H. Wright. Amazon page
- From Law to Logos: reading St. Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians by Jon R. Jordan, Todd D. Still. Amazon page
- Reading Joshua: a historical-critical, archaeological commentary by John Laughlin. Amazon page
- Jonah, Tobit, Judith by Irene Nowell. Amazon page
- Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther by Irene Nowell. Amazon page
- Sirach Volume 21 (New Collegeville Bible Commentary: Old Testament) by Jeremy Corley. Amazon page
Easter is around the corner! May the hope and joy of Jesus’ Resurrection linger in our hearts forever. Have a blessed and meaningful Easter and enjoy reading some of the books about the Resurrection!
- Atonement and the logic of resurrection in the Epistle to the Hebrews by David M. Moffitt. Amazon page
- Translating resurrection: the debate between William Tyndale and George Joye in its historical and theological context by Gergely Juhász. Amazon page
- Christ’s Resurrection in early Christianity: and the making of the New Testament by Markus. Vinzent, Amazon page
- The resurrection of the Messiah by Christopher Bryan. Amazon page
- The resurrection of Jesus: a new historiographical approach by Mike Licona. Amazon page
- Affirming the resurrection of the incarnate Christ: a reading of 1 John by Matthew D. Jensen. Amazon page
- Resurrection of the dead in early Judaism, 200 BCE-CE 2000 by C. D. Elledge. Amazon page
- Bodily resurrection and ethics in 1 Cor 15 : connecting faith and morality in the context of Greco-Roman mythology by Paul J. Brown. Amazon page
- Resurrection: the power of God for Christians and Jews by Kevin Madigan, Jon Douglas. Levenson. Amazon page
- Give them Christ: preaching his incarnation, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and return by Stephen A. Seamands. Amazon page
- Metamorphoses : resurrection, body, and transformative practices in early Christianity by Turid Karlsen. Seim, Jorunn. Økland. Amazon page
- From resurrection to new creation: a first journey in Christian theology by Michael W. Pahl. Amazon page
- Resurrection and eschatology: theology in service of the church: essays in honor of Richard B. Gaffin, Jr. by Richard B. Gaffin, Lane G. Tipton, Jeffrey C. Waddington. Amazon page
- The reality of the resurrection: the New Testament witness by Stefan. Alkier. Amazon page
- The resurrection of Jesus in the Gospel of John by Craig R. Koester, R. Bieringer. Amazon page
- Raised with Christ: how the Resurrection changes everything by Adrian Warnock. Amazon page
- Practice resurrection: a conversation on growing up in Christ by Eugene H. Peterson, Peter. Santucci, Peter H. Santucci. Amazon page 9781602584471
- Jesus and the demise of death: resurrection, afterlife, and the fate of the Christian. Amazon page
February is the month of love and Valentine’s Day. It reminds us of God’s love and of how we can share His love with others. Hopefully you are interested in some of the following books about love.
- The word made love: the dialogical theology of Joseph Ratzinger by Benedict XVI. Amazon page
- The love of God: a canonical model by John Peckham. Amazon page
- The uncontrolling love of God: an open and relational account of providence by Thomas Jay Oord. Amazon page
- For the love of all creatures: the story of grace in Genesis by William Greenway. Amazon page
- The weight of love: affect, ecstasy, and union in the theology of Bonaventure by Robert Glenn. Davis. Amazon page
- Embracing the other: the transformative spirit of love by Grace Ji-Sun Kim. Amazon page
- The concept of divine love in the context of the God-world relationship by John Peckham. Amazon page
- Love kindness: discover the power of a forgotten Christian virtue by Barry H. Corey. Amazon page
- Practices of love: spiritual disciplines for the life of the world by Kyle David Bennett. Amazon page. Amazon page
- Love in the gospel of John: an exegetical, theological, and literary study by Francis J. Moloney. Amazon page
- Political Agape: Christian love and liberal democracy by Timothy P. Jackson. Amazon page
- Toughest people to love: how to understand, lead, and love the difficult people in your life – including yourself by Chuck. DeGroat. Amazon page
- You shall love the stranger as yourself: the Bible, refugees and asylum by Fleur S. Houston. Amazon page
- A faithful guide to philosophy: a Christian introduction to the love of wisdom by Peter S. Williams, David McNeill. Amazon page
- Pannenberg on evil, love, and God: the realisation of divine love by Mark Hocknull. Amazon page
- Sociology of Love: the Agapic Dimension of Societal Life by Gennaro. Iorio. Amazon page
- Within the love of God: essays on the doctrine of God in honour of Paul S. Fiddes by Anthony Clarke (Editor.), Andrew Moore (Editor.), Paul S. Fiddes (Honoree.). Amazon page
- Life, love, and hope: God and human experience by Jan-Olav. Henriksen. Amazon page
Happy Black History Month! Once a year, we dedicate a month to celebrate the incredible accomplishments and contributions of black Americans. This is not only an opportunity to remember black achievement, but it’s also a great opportunity to read some good books!
- The talking book: African Americans and the Bible by Allen Dwight. Callahan. Amazon page
- The color of Christ: the Son of God & the saga of race in America by Edward J. Blum, Paul Harvey. Amazon page
- Race: a theological account by J. Kameron Carter. Amazon page
- Longing for Jesus: worship at a black holiness church in Mississippi, 1895-1913 by Lester Ruth. Amazon page
- The Africana Bible: reading Israel’s Scriptures from Africa and the African diaspora by Hugh R. Page, Randall C. Bailey. Amazon page
- God delivers me: a model from Strengthening the Black Church for the 21st Century by Jacqulyn Thorpe. Amazon page
- Is God colour-blind? : Insights from black theology for Christian ministry by Anthony. Reddie. Amazon page
- Methodologies of Black theology by Frederick L. Ware. Amazon page
- The Black megachurch: theology, gender, and the politics of public engagement by Tamelyn Tucker-Worgs. Amazon page
- The genesis of liberation: biblical interpretation in the antebellum narratives of the enslaved by Emerson B. Powery, Rodney Steven Sadler. Amazon page
- The mount of vision: African American prophetic tradition, 1800-1950 by Christopher Z. Hobson. Amazon page
- Biblical studies, theology, religion, and philosophy: an introduction for African universities by James. Amanze, F. Nkomazana, Obed N. Kealotswe. Amazon page
- African American female mysticism : nineteenth-century religious activism by Joy R. Bostic. Amazon page
- Plantation church: how African American religion was born in Caribbean slavery by Noel Leo Erskine. Amazon page
- Politics in the pews: the political mobilization of Black churches by Eric L. McDaniel. Amazon page
- Divine callings: understanding the call to ministry in Black Pentecostalism by Richard N. Pitt. Amazon page
- Native apostles: Black and Indian missionaries in the British Atlantic world by Edward E. Andrews. Amazon page
The library will be closing early today at 1pm for Fuller Seminary’s Faculty/ Staff Kick Off meeting. We will reopen tomorrow at 9am.
Thank you for your cooperation!
In observance of Labor Day, Fuller Library will be closed on Monday, September 6.
We will reopen on Tuesday, September 7 at 9:00am.
2021 Fall Library Hours will begin on September 7th:
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm,
Friday 9am – 12pm and
Saturday 1pm – 4pm.
We look forward to seeing you at the library!
See also our update on 2021 Fall Library Guidelines.
In preparation for fall 2021 quarter and to welcome new and returning students to campus, the following guidelines are in effect for the David Allan Hubbard Library:
- – For fall 2021, Library hours will mirror those of Welcome Center, with additional hours on Saturday (Library only). These hours are as follows: Mon – Thur [9am – 5pm] Fri [9am – 12pm] Sat [1pm – 4pm]
- – Patrons must complete a symptom check each day they visit campus, before entering any building, including the Library.
- – Masks are still required for entry and throughout the duration of a patron’s visit. Unmasked individuals will be asked to wear a mask indoors, and they may be asked to leave if they refuse to comply with this guideline.
- – Entry to the library and library study spaces are limited to current Fuller Theological Seminary students, faculty, and staff at this time. We may allow additional patrons in early 2022.
- – Socially distant book return is still available through the book return outside the front library doors.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Dear Hubbard Library Patrons,
The library is in the process of shifting around books in our building. Currently, we are moving the Reference Books (formerly located in the DePree Reading Room) into the Weyerhaeuser Reading Room. Our Pannell Center and Centro Latino books will then be moved into the DePree Reading Room on the first floor.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about an item’s location. Thank you for your patience in this matter!
Daniell Whittington, Executive Director of the Library
The David Allan Hubbard Library will be closed on Monday, July 5th, 2021 in observation of US Independence Day.
We will reopen on Tuesday, July 6 at 9 AM.
During planned maintenance, ProQuest Ebooks will be unavailable from
Saturday, June 26th 2021 07:00 am until June 26th 2021 3:00 pm (PDT).
Click this link to see what time the maintenance will occur in your region.
You can learn more about this scheduled maintenance and get tips for preparation on ProQuest support page.
If the maintenance ends early, access will be restored sooner. You can stay up to date with progress by visiting ProQuest Systems Status page.
Hello Fuller Library Patrons!
This is a reminder that while inside any Fuller Theological Seminary building, including the library, masks are required at all times. Even if you are socially distancing or studying alone, please continue to wear a mask. This is in reference to Cal/OSHA’s requirements for face coverings to continue to be worn in public workspaces.
Feel free to contact email@example.com for additional questions.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter!
Congratulations on your achievement and well-deserved success!
Build upon what you have learned and do what you can do best.
We’re rooting for all of you!
그동안의 노력과 수고를 통한 모든 성취를 축하하며
앞날을 축복합니다! 졸업을 축하드립니다.
¡Felicidades por su logro y su bien merecido éxito!
Basese en lo que ha aprendido y haga lo que puede hacer mejor.
¡Estamos alentando a todos!
The Hubbard Library will be closed on the following days:
Saturday, June 12 – Commencement
Monday, July 5 – Independence Day
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!