Happy September! Wishing you have a wonderful and productive quarter!
- Contemporary issues of migration and theology by Elaine. Padilla, Peter C. Phan. Amazon page
- Christian mysticism and incarnational theology: between transcendence and immanence by Louise. Nelstrop, Simon D. Podmore. Amazon page
- Hope and the longing for Utopia : futures and illusions in theology and narrative by Daniel Boscaljon (Editor.) Amazon page
- The games people play: theology, religion, and sport by Robert Ellis (Author.) Amare page
- Christian Moral Theology in the Emerging Technoculture: From Posthuman Back to Human by Brent. Waters. Amazon page
- The spiritual city: theology, spirituality, and the urban by Philip. Sheldrake. Amazon page
- Perpetually reforming: a theology of church reform and renewal by John P. Bradbury. Amazon page
- Political affections: civic participation and moral theology by Joshua. Hordern. Amazon page
- Apostles today: making sense of contemporary Charismatic apostolates: a historical and theological appraisal by Benjamin G. McNair Scott (Author.). Amazon page
- Joy and human flourishing: essays on theology, culture and the good life by Miroslav Volf (Editor.), Justin E. Crisp (Editor.) Amazon page
- Karl Barth and the future of evangelical theology by Christian T. Collins Winn, John L. Drury. Amazon page
- History and contemporary issues: studies in moral theology by Charles E. Curran (Author.)Amazon page
- Handbook of global contemporary Christianity: themes and developments in culture, politics, and society by Stephen Hunt (Editor.) Amazon page
- Something old, something new: contemporary entanglements of religion and secularity by Wayne Glausser. Amazon page
- Theology and economics: a Christian vision of the common good by Jeremy Kidwell (Editor.) Amazon page
- The lost knowledge of Christ: contemporary spiritualties, Christian cosmology, and the arts by Dominic. White. Amazon page
- The lure of the dark side: Satan and western demonology in popular culture by Christopher H. Partridge, Eric S. Christianson. Amazon page
- Theology of migration in the Abrahamic religions by Elaine Padilla (Editor.). Amazon page
Enjoy reading the books below!
- Theology and California: Theological Refractions on California’s Culture by Fred. Sanders, Jason S. Sexto. Amazon page
- The blood of Christ in the theology of William Tyndale by Ralph S. Werrell. Amazon page
- Understanding religious pluralism: perspectives from religious studies and theology by Peter C. Phan, Jonathan Ray. Amazon page
- Old Testament Theology: a Thematic Approach by Robin. Routledge. Amazon page
- Signs & wonders: theology after modernity by Ellen T. Armour. Amazon page
- 6. Reinterpreting the Eucharist: Explorations in Feminist Theology and Ethics by Anne F. Elvey (Editor), Carol Hogan (Editor), Kim Power (Editor), Claire Renkin (Editor). Amazon page
- Post-traumatic public theology by Stephanie N. Arel (Editor.), Shelly. Rambo. Amazon page
- Johannine theology: the gospel, the Epistles and the Apocalypse by Paul A. Rainbow. Amazon page
- The theology of the Book of Isaiah by John Goldingay. Amazon page
- The doctrine of humanity in the theology of Reinhold Niebuhr by Kenneth Hamilton, Jane Barter Moulaison. Amazon page
- Catholic theology after Kierkegaard by Joshua Furnal. Amazon page
- Evangelical postcolonial conversations: global awakenings in theology and praxis by Kay Higuera Smith, Jayachitra Lalitha , L. Daniel Hawk. Amazon page
- Trinitarian ontology and Israel in Robert W. Jenson’s theology by Sang-hoon Lee. Amazon page
- The end of theology: shaping theology for the sake of mission by Jason S. Sexton (Editor.), Paul Weston (Editor.). Amazon page
- Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down! : the eschatological theology of third Isaiah (Isaiah 56-66). by Abraham Sung-Ho Oh. Amazon page
- The future of evangelical theology: soundings from the Asian American diaspora by Amos Yong. Amazon page
Feminist biblical studies in the twentieth century: scholarship and movement by Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza. Amazon page
The following books are some we purchased in April for the William E. Pannell African American Church Studies Collection. When you visit the library, please take a look at the Pannell Collection on the third floor. You also can read many eBooks related to the subject.
- The Black Church studies reader by Alton B. Pollard. Amazon page
- African American theological ethics: a reader by Peter J. Paris (Editor.) Amazon page
- Toward a womanist ethic of incarnation : Black bodies, the Black church, and the Council of Chalcedon by Eboni Marshall Turman. Amazon page
- Religion of the field Negro : on Black secularism and Black theology by Vincent W. Lloyd Amazon page
- The power of unearned suffering: the roots and implications of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s theodicy by Mika Edmondson. Amazon page
- Brand New Theology: The Wal-Martization of T.D. Jakes and the New Black Church by by Paula L. McGee. Amazon page
- Beholding Christ and Christianity in African American art by James Romaine (Editor.) Phoebe Wolfskill (Editor.) Amazon page
- The Holy Ghost got a new dance: an examination of black theology and holy hip-hop in inner-city ministry by Willie. Hudson, Don Thorsen. Amazon page
- Indigenous black theology : toward an african -centered theology of the african-american … religious experience by Jawanza Eric. Clark. Amazon page
- Womanist and black feminist responses to Tyler Perry’s productions by by LeRhonda S. Manigault-Bryant (Editor.), Tamura A. Lomax (Editor.), Carol B. Duncan (Editor.) Amazon page
- The Lord gave me this : understanding historic leadership development practices of the black church to prepare tomorrow’s leaders by Terrell Carter. Amazon page
- Philosophy of African American Studies: Nothing Left of Blackness by Stephen C. Ferguson. Amazon page
- Black & reformed : seeing God’s sovereignty in the African-American Christian experience by Anthony J. Carter. Amazon page
- Pillars of cloud and fire : the politics of Exodus in African American biblical interpretation by Herbert Robinson Marbury. Amazon page
- African American religions, 1500-2000 : colonialism, democracy, and freedom by Sylvester A. Johnson. Amazon page
- Black print unbound : the Christian recorder, African America, and literature, and periodical culture by Eric. Gardner. Amazon page
- Martin Luther King, Jr., and the theology of resistance by Rufus Burrow. Amazon page
- Urban God talk : constructing a hip hop spirituality by Andre E. Johnson. Amazon page
- Black and Human: Rediscovering King as a Resource for Black Theology and Ethics by Don Loyd Davis. Amazon page
- A History Of The African American Church by Carter Godwin Woodson. Amazon page
Happy April! Hope you will enjoy some of the following books.
- New perspectives in the theology of Judaism by Shubert Spero. Amazon page
- Alcuin: theology and thought by Douglas. Dales. Amazon page
- From Theology to Theological Thinking by Jean-Yves. Lacoste. Amazon page
- The Evolution of Time: Studies of Time in Science, Anthropology, Theology by Argyris Nicolaidis, Wolfgang Achtner. Amazon page
- Judith Plaistow: feminism, theology, and justice by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, Aaron W. Hughes. Amazon page
- Exploring ordinary theology: everyday Christian believing and the church by Jeff. Astley, Leslie J. Francis. Amazon page
- Tamil Folk Music as Dalit Liberation Theology by Zoe C. Sherinian. Amazon page
- Introducing Eastern Orthodox theology by Andrew Louth. Amazon page
- The political theology of Schelling by Saitya Brata Das. Amazon page
- Kaleidoscope : F.M. Dostoevsky and the early dialectical theology by Katya Tolstaya (Author.), Anthony Runia (Translator.), Frank Bestebreurtje (Editor.). Amazon page
- The IVP Bible background commentary: New Testament by Craig S. Keener, InterVarsity Press. Amazon page
- The Jews and the Bible by Jean-Christophe Attias. Amazon page
- The challenge of received tradition: dilemmas of interpretation in Radak’s biblical commentaries by by Naomi Grunhaus. Amazon page
- The message of Jeremiah: against wind and tide by Christopher J. H. Wright. Amazon page
- From Law to Logos: reading St. Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians by Jon R. Jordan, Todd D. Still. Amazon page
- Reading Joshua: a historical-critical, archaeological commentary by John Laughlin. Amazon page
- Jonah, Tobit, Judith by Irene Nowell. Amazon page
- Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther by Irene Nowell. Amazon page
- Sirach Volume 21 (New Collegeville Bible Commentary: Old Testament) by Jeremy Corley. Amazon page
Easter is around the corner! May the hope and joy of Jesus’ Resurrection linger in our hearts forever. Have a blessed and meaningful Easter and enjoy reading some of the books about the Resurrection!
- Atonement and the logic of resurrection in the Epistle to the Hebrews by David M. Moffitt. Amazon page
- Translating resurrection: the debate between William Tyndale and George Joye in its historical and theological context by Gergely Juhász. Amazon page
- Christ’s Resurrection in early Christianity: and the making of the New Testament by Markus. Vinzent, Amazon page
- The resurrection of the Messiah by Christopher Bryan. Amazon page
- The resurrection of Jesus: a new historiographical approach by Mike Licona. Amazon page
- Affirming the resurrection of the incarnate Christ: a reading of 1 John by Matthew D. Jensen. Amazon page
- Resurrection of the dead in early Judaism, 200 BCE-CE 2000 by C. D. Elledge. Amazon page
- Bodily resurrection and ethics in 1 Cor 15 : connecting faith and morality in the context of Greco-Roman mythology by Paul J. Brown. Amazon page
- Resurrection: the power of God for Christians and Jews by Kevin Madigan, Jon Douglas. Levenson. Amazon page
- Give them Christ: preaching his incarnation, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and return by Stephen A. Seamands. Amazon page
- Metamorphoses : resurrection, body, and transformative practices in early Christianity by Turid Karlsen. Seim, Jorunn. Økland. Amazon page
- From resurrection to new creation: a first journey in Christian theology by Michael W. Pahl. Amazon page
- Resurrection and eschatology: theology in service of the church: essays in honor of Richard B. Gaffin, Jr. by Richard B. Gaffin, Lane G. Tipton, Jeffrey C. Waddington. Amazon page
- The reality of the resurrection: the New Testament witness by Stefan. Alkier. Amazon page
- The resurrection of Jesus in the Gospel of John by Craig R. Koester, R. Bieringer. Amazon page
- Raised with Christ: how the Resurrection changes everything by Adrian Warnock. Amazon page
- Practice resurrection: a conversation on growing up in Christ by Eugene H. Peterson, Peter. Santucci, Peter H. Santucci. Amazon page 9781602584471
- Jesus and the demise of death: resurrection, afterlife, and the fate of the Christian. Amazon page
February is the month of love and Valentine’s Day. It reminds us of God’s love and of how we can share His love with others. Hopefully you are interested in some of the following books about love.
- The word made love: the dialogical theology of Joseph Ratzinger by Benedict XVI. Amazon page
- The love of God: a canonical model by John Peckham. Amazon page
- The uncontrolling love of God: an open and relational account of providence by Thomas Jay Oord. Amazon page
- For the love of all creatures: the story of grace in Genesis by William Greenway. Amazon page
- The weight of love: affect, ecstasy, and union in the theology of Bonaventure by Robert Glenn. Davis. Amazon page
- Embracing the other: the transformative spirit of love by Grace Ji-Sun Kim. Amazon page
- The concept of divine love in the context of the God-world relationship by John Peckham. Amazon page
- Love kindness: discover the power of a forgotten Christian virtue by Barry H. Corey. Amazon page
- Practices of love: spiritual disciplines for the life of the world by Kyle David Bennett. Amazon page. Amazon page
- Love in the gospel of John: an exegetical, theological, and literary study by Francis J. Moloney. Amazon page
- Political Agape: Christian love and liberal democracy by Timothy P. Jackson. Amazon page
- Toughest people to love: how to understand, lead, and love the difficult people in your life – including yourself by Chuck. DeGroat. Amazon page
- You shall love the stranger as yourself: the Bible, refugees and asylum by Fleur S. Houston. Amazon page
- A faithful guide to philosophy: a Christian introduction to the love of wisdom by Peter S. Williams, David McNeill. Amazon page
- Pannenberg on evil, love, and God: the realisation of divine love by Mark Hocknull. Amazon page
- Sociology of Love: the Agapic Dimension of Societal Life by Gennaro. Iorio. Amazon page
- Within the love of God: essays on the doctrine of God in honour of Paul S. Fiddes by Anthony Clarke (Editor.), Andrew Moore (Editor.), Paul S. Fiddes (Honoree.). Amazon page
- Life, love, and hope: God and human experience by Jan-Olav. Henriksen. Amazon page
Happy Black History Month! Once a year, we dedicate a month to celebrate the incredible accomplishments and contributions of black Americans. This is not only an opportunity to remember black achievement, but it’s also a great opportunity to read some good books!
- The talking book: African Americans and the Bible by Allen Dwight. Callahan. Amazon page
- The color of Christ: the Son of God & the saga of race in America by Edward J. Blum, Paul Harvey. Amazon page
- Race: a theological account by J. Kameron Carter. Amazon page
- Longing for Jesus: worship at a black holiness church in Mississippi, 1895-1913 by Lester Ruth. Amazon page
- The Africana Bible: reading Israel’s Scriptures from Africa and the African diaspora by Hugh R. Page, Randall C. Bailey. Amazon page
- God delivers me: a model from Strengthening the Black Church for the 21st Century by Jacqulyn Thorpe. Amazon page
- Is God colour-blind? : Insights from black theology for Christian ministry by Anthony. Reddie. Amazon page
- Methodologies of Black theology by Frederick L. Ware. Amazon page
- The Black megachurch: theology, gender, and the politics of public engagement by Tamelyn Tucker-Worgs. Amazon page
- The genesis of liberation: biblical interpretation in the antebellum narratives of the enslaved by Emerson B. Powery, Rodney Steven Sadler. Amazon page
- The mount of vision: African American prophetic tradition, 1800-1950 by Christopher Z. Hobson. Amazon page
- Biblical studies, theology, religion, and philosophy: an introduction for African universities by James. Amanze, F. Nkomazana, Obed N. Kealotswe. Amazon page
- African American female mysticism : nineteenth-century religious activism by Joy R. Bostic. Amazon page
- Plantation church: how African American religion was born in Caribbean slavery by Noel Leo Erskine. Amazon page
- Politics in the pews: the political mobilization of Black churches by Eric L. McDaniel. Amazon page
- Divine callings: understanding the call to ministry in Black Pentecostalism by Richard N. Pitt. Amazon page
- Native apostles: Black and Indian missionaries in the British Atlantic world by Edward E. Andrews. Amazon page
The Hubbard Library will be closed from Thursday, December 20 – Tuesday, January 1. We will reopen on Wednesday, January 2 at 7:30am.
You can return your books in the book drop outside the library during our closure.
Thank you and have a wonderful Christmas!
The Hubbard Library will be closed Thursday, November 22 – Sunday, November 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday! We will reopen on Monday, November 26 at 7:30am. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Good news! The Ambrose station at Hubbard Library will be open until 8pm, Monday – Thursday during midterms week! Now you can get your coffee or tea fix AND finish your assignments on time!
To maintain the currency and security of ProQuest ebook platforms, Ebook Central, PubCentral, and LibCentral will be unavailable for approximately 90 minutes beginning Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Thank you for your cooperation!
In preparation of the opening of the Biblioteca Centro Latino event happening on Wednesday morning, the Weyerhaeuser furniture will be moved Monday and Tuesday, and this area may be periodically inaccessible to use for study purposes.
Thank you for your cooperation!
We’ve recently installed Accordance Bible software on lab computers 5 and 8 (ADA accessible). We still have BibleWorks10 installed on lab computers 5-8, as well. Happy studying!
Join us for the opening of Hubbard Library’s Biblioteca Centro Latino on Wednesday, October 3 at 11:30am. There will be an opening and guest speaker (first floor), followed by a ribbon cutting of the Biblioteca Centro Latino (third floor), and reception (first floor). Stop by and see our new collection!
Discover our Fall 2002 commemoration of Sept 11, 2001 in Theology News & Notes.