Celebrate Black History Month by checking out some of our new titles!
- T & T Clark Handbook of African American Theology by Frederick L Ware, Antonia Michelle Daymond, Eric Lewis Williams 0567675467 . Amazon page
- Race in John’s gospel : toward an ethnos-conscious approach by Andrew Benko (Author) 9781978706194 1978706197 Amazon page
- Black Christology and the quest for authenticity : a philosophical appraisal by John H McClendon (Author)1498585361 9781498585361 Amazon page
- Dear church : a love letter from a black preacher to the whitest denomination in the U.S by Lenny Duncan (Author) 1506452574 9781506452579 Amazon page
- The Black Christ by Kelly Brown Douglas 9781608337781 1608337782 Amazon page
- Black Transhuman Liberation Theology : Technology and Spirituality by Philip Butler 1350081949 9781350081949 Amazon page
- Evangelical theologies of liberation and justice by Mae Elise Cannon (Editor), Andrea Smith (Editor) 9780830870967 0830870962 Amazon page
- Homeland insecurity : a hip hop missiology for the post-Civil Rights context by Daniel White Hodge 9780830851812 083085181X Amazon page
- For Such a Time as This : Hope and Forgiveness after the Charleston Massacre by Sharon Risher, Michael W Waters, Sherri Wood Emmons 9780827243248 0827243243 9780827243255 0827243251 Amazon page
- Sacraments of memory : Catholicism and slavery in contemporary African American literature by Erin Michael Salius (Author) 9780813052304 0813052300 Amazon page
- Ontological terror : Blackness, nihilism, and emancipation by Calvin L Warren (Author) 9780822371847 0822371847 Amazon page
- Black consciousness and progressive movements under apartheid by Ian M Macqueen (Author) Amazon page
- A pneumatology of race in the Gospel of John: an ethnocritical study by Rodolfo Galvan Estrada (Author) III. 9781532670862 1532670869 Amazon page
- A place to worship: African American camp meetings in the Carolinas by Minuette B Floyd (Author) 9781611178890 Amazon page
- Howard Thurman’s philosophical mysticism: love against fragmentation by Anthony Sean Neal (Author) 9781498552769 1498552765 Amazon page
- Kendrick Lamar and the making of black meaning by Christopher M Driscoll (Editor), Monica R Miller (Editor), Anthony B Pinn (Editor) 1351010859 9781351010825 Amazon page
- Gone home: race and roots through Appalachia by Karida Brown (Author). 9781469647043 1469647044 9781469647050 1469647052 Amazon page
- Reading Hebrews and 1 Peter with the African American Great Migration: diaspora, place, and identity by Jennifer T Kaalund (Author) 0567679985 9780567679987 Amazon page
Happy Martin Luther King Day!
- Martin Luther King Jr. by Valerie Bodden (Author). Amazon page
- Dangerous Friendship: Stanley Levison, Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Kennedy Brothers by Ben Kamin.
- Birmingham revolution: Martin Luther King Jr.’s epic challenge to the church by Edward Gilbreath, Cindy Kiple, Phil Marcelo. Amazon page
- The King years : historic moments in the civil rights movement by Taylor Branch Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr. and the morality of legal practice : lessons in love and justice by Robert K Vischer Amazon page
- King’s dream by Eric J Sundquist Amazon page
- Martin & Malcolm & America: a dream or a nightmare? by James H Cone (Author) Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr., man of ideas and nonviolent social action by Rufus Burrow. Amazon page
- King : a biography by David Levering Lewis Amazon page
- The radical King by Martin Luther King Jr.,, Cornel West (Editor) (Writer of introduction) Amazon page
- Strength to love by Martin Luther King Jr.,, Coretta Scott King Amazon page
- Never to leave us alone : the prayer life of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Lewis V Baldwin (Author) Amazon page
- Killing King : racial terrorists, James Earl Ray, and the plot to assassinate Martin Luther King Jr by Stuart Wexler (Author), Larry J Hancock (Author) Amazon page
Happy Fall Quarter! Below is some of eBooks purchased for ECD and syllabi for fall quarter!
- Harink, Douglas (ed.). Paul, Philosophy, and the Theopolitical Vision. Wipf & Stock. Amazon page
- Ma, Julie C. and Wonsuk Ma, Mission in the Spirit: Toward a Pentecostal/Charismatic Missiology. Wipf and Stock, 2011. Amazon page
- Heifetz, R. and Linsky, M. Leadership on the Line. HBSP, 2002. Amazon page
- Jensen, L. Paul. Subversive Spirituality: Transforming Mission through the Collapse of Space and Time. Pickwick, 2009. Amazon page
- Ripkin, Nick with Barry Stricker. The Insanity of Obedience: Walking with Jesus in Tough Places. B&H Publishing Group, 2014. Amazon page
- John Allan, The Global War on Christians: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Anti-Christian Persecution. Random House Co., 2013. Amazon page
- Bolton, Matthew. How to Resist: Turn Protest into Power. London: Bloomsbury, 2017. Amazon page
- Holmes, Michael W. The Apostolic Fathers. Baker Academic, 1999. Amazon page
- Adler, M. J., and C. Van Doren. How To Read a Book. Rev. ed. Simon & Schuster, 1972. Amazon page
- Gonzales, Karen. The God Who Sees: Immigrants, the Bible and the Journey to Belong. Herald Press. 2019. Amazon page
- Huckins, Jon and Jer Swigart. Mending the Divides: Creative Love in a Conflicted World. Intervarsity Press, 2017. Amazon page
- Pontón, M. Dinámicas Familiares a través de la vida de José: La Túnica del Padre. CLIE, 2016. Amazon page
- Turman, Eboni Marshall. Toward a Womanist Ethic of Incarnation: Black Bodies, The Black Church, and the Council of Chalcedon .New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013. Amazon page
- Nazario, S. Enrique’s Journey. New York: Random House, 2006. Amazon page
Enjoy reading the following new books from the Hubbard Library.
- Understanding scientific theories of origins: cosmology, geology, and biology in Christian perspective by Robert C Bishop (Author). Amazon page
- Other gods and idols: the relationship between the worship of other gods and the worship of idols within the Old Testament by Thomas A Judge (Author). Amazon page
- Relational Integration of Psychology and Christian Theology: Theory, Research, and Practice by Steven J Sandage, Jeannine K Brown. Amazon page
- Disability and spirituality: recovering wholeness by William C Gaventa (Author). Amazon page
- Baptists through the centuries: a history of a global people by David Bebbington (Author). Amazon page
- Religious pluralism and interreligious theology: the Gifford lectures–an extended edition by Perry Schmidt-Leukel (Author). Amazon page
- Hearing vocation differently: meaning, purpose, and identity in the multi-faith academy by David S Cunningham (Author). Amazon page
- For the life of the world: theology that makes a difference by Miroslav Volf (Author), Matthew Croasmun (Author). Amazon page
- Christian mission, contextual theology, prophetic dialogue: essays in honor of Stephen B. Bevans, SVD by Dale T Irvin (Editor), Peter C Phan (Editor), Stephen B Bevans (Honouree.) Amazon page
- The church from every tribe and tongue : ecclesiology in the majority world by Gene L Green (Editor), Stephen T Pardue (Editor), Khiok-Khng Yeo (Editor). Amazon page
- God and difference: the trinity, sexuality, and the transformation of finitude by Linn Marie Tonstad. Amazon page
- Considering comparison: a method for religious studies by Oliver Freiberger (Author), ProQuest (Firm) by Oliver Freiberger (Author), ProQuest (Firm). Amazon page
- World Christianity: a historical and theological introduction by Lalsangkima Pachuau (Author). Amazon page
- Near-death experience in indigenous religions by Gregory Shushan (Author). Amazon page
- Encounters: the art of interfaith dialogue by Aaron Rosen (Editor), Nicola Green (Artist). Amazon page
- Dogmatics after Babel: beyond the theologies of word and culture by Rubén Rosario Rodríguez (Author). Amazon page
- Between one faith and another: engaging conversations on the world’s great religions by Peter Kreeft (Author). Amazon page
- We gather together: the religious right and the problem of interfaith politics by Neil J Young (Author). Amazon page
We’ve purchased many books in German and Korean language. Some of them are below:
- Exodus: Die Revolution der Alten Welt by Jan Assmann (Author). Amazon page
- “When the morning stars sang”: essays in honor of Choon Leong Seow on the occasion of his sixty-fifth birthday by C L Seow (Honouree.), Scott C Jones (Editor), Christine Roy Yoder (Editor). Amazon page
- Erzählte Welten im Richterbuch: narratologische Aspekte eines polyfonen Diskurses by Susanne Gillmayr-Bucher. Amazon page
- Daniel 10-12 als Schlüssel zum Buch by Regina Wildgruber. Amazon page
- Der zweite Thessalonicherbrief by Tobias Nicklas (Author) Amazon page
- Der Lukaskommentar des Bonaventura von Bagnoregio als Handbuch der franziskanischen Spiritualität by Jan C Klok (Author) Amazon page
- Griechischer Mythos und der Orient : Studien zu Ikonographie und Inhalt mythischer Überlieferung by Hristomir Hristov (Author) Amazon page
- Die paulinische Angelologie und Dämonologie : ein biblisch-theologischer Versuch by Otto Everling (Author) Amazon page
- Das öffentliche Auftreten des Christentums im spätantiken Antiochia : eine Studie unter besonderer Berücksichtigung der Agonmetaphorik in ausgewählten Märtyrerpredigten des Johannes Chrysostomos by Frauke Krautheim (Author) Amazon page
- Jesus, der Retter : die Soteriologie des lukanischen Doppelwerks by Torsten Jantsch (Author) Amazon page
- 그리스도는 누구인가? : 시대가 묻고 신학이 답하다 = Who is Christ? : Questions of the age, answers of theology by 김동건., 김 동건, author (Author) Tong-gŏn Kim.
- 례위기 성경신학 : 여호와의 산에 오를 자가 누구인가 = Who shall ascend the mountain of the Lord? by L. 마이클 모랄레스 지음 ; 신윤수 옮김., L Michael Morales (Author), 신 윤수 (Translator) Yun-su Sin.
- 가이사의 나라 예수의 나라 : 제국의 시각으로 뒤집어 읽는 신약성서 = Jesus Is Lord, Caesar Is Not : Evaluating Empire in New Testament Studies by 스캇 맥나이트, 조지프 모디카 편집 ; 홍성수 옮김., Scot McKnight (Editor), Joseph B Modica (Editor), 홍 성수 (Translator) Sŏng-su Hong.
- 나는 하나님 앞에서 의로울 수 있을까? : 성경과 신앙고백서, 요리문답으로 배우는 이신칭의 교리by 손재익., 손 재익 by author (Author), Chae-ik Son. Amazon page
- 예수의 종말론Yesu ŭi chongmallon by R.C. 스프라울 지음 ; 김정식 옮김., R C Sproul (Author), 김 정식 (Translator) Chŏng-sik Kim.
- 혁명이 시작된 날 : 십자가의 의미를 다시 생각하다by 톰 라이트 ; 이지혜 옮김., N T Wright (Author), 이 지혜 (Translator) Chi-hye Yi.
- 은혜에서 미끄러질 때 = Falling away from grace by 김 남준.
- 고대 근동과 구약의 양자신학by 노남근 지음., 노 남근, author (Author)
- Nam-gŭn No.
Happy Martin Luther King Day!
- To shape a new world: essays on the political philosophy of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Tommie Shelby (Editor.), Brandon M. Terry (Editor.) Amazon page
- Breaking white supremacy: Martin Luther King Jr. and the black social gospel by Gary J. Dorrien (Author.) Amazon page
- We Will Get to the Promised Land Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Communal-political Spirituality by Hak Joon Lee, Peter J. Paris. Amazon page
- Behind the public veil: the humanness of Martin Luther King Jr. by Lewis V. Baldwin. Amazon page
- Martin Luther King, Jr., and the theology of resistance by Rufus Burrow. Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr., Heroism, and African American Literature by Trudier. Harris. Amazon page
- A time to break silence: the essential works of Martin Luther King, Jr. for students by Martin Luther King (Author.) Jr., Walter Dean Myers (Writer of introduction.). Amazon page
- The liberatory thought of Martin Luther King Jr. : critical essays on the philosopher King by Robert E. Birt. Amazon page
- The great world house: Martin Luther King, Jr., and global ethics by Hak Joon Lee. Amazon page
- A child shall lead them: Martin Luther King Jr., young people, and the movement by Rufus Burrow (Author.) Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr., man of ideas and nonviolent social action by Rufus Burrow. Amazon page
- Martin Luther King Jr by John A. Kirk. Amazon page
Happy September! Wishing you have a wonderful and productive quarter!
- Contemporary issues of migration and theology by Elaine. Padilla, Peter C. Phan. Amazon page
- Christian mysticism and incarnational theology: between transcendence and immanence by Louise. Nelstrop, Simon D. Podmore. Amazon page
- Hope and the longing for Utopia : futures and illusions in theology and narrative by Daniel Boscaljon (Editor.) Amazon page
- The games people play: theology, religion, and sport by Robert Ellis (Author.) Amare page
- Christian Moral Theology in the Emerging Technoculture: From Posthuman Back to Human by Brent. Waters. Amazon page
- The spiritual city: theology, spirituality, and the urban by Philip. Sheldrake. Amazon page
- Perpetually reforming: a theology of church reform and renewal by John P. Bradbury. Amazon page
- Political affections: civic participation and moral theology by Joshua. Hordern. Amazon page
- Apostles today: making sense of contemporary Charismatic apostolates: a historical and theological appraisal by Benjamin G. McNair Scott (Author.). Amazon page
- Joy and human flourishing: essays on theology, culture and the good life by Miroslav Volf (Editor.), Justin E. Crisp (Editor.) Amazon page
- Karl Barth and the future of evangelical theology by Christian T. Collins Winn, John L. Drury. Amazon page
- History and contemporary issues: studies in moral theology by Charles E. Curran (Author.)Amazon page
- Handbook of global contemporary Christianity: themes and developments in culture, politics, and society by Stephen Hunt (Editor.) Amazon page
- Something old, something new: contemporary entanglements of religion and secularity by Wayne Glausser. Amazon page
- Theology and economics: a Christian vision of the common good by Jeremy Kidwell (Editor.) Amazon page
- The lost knowledge of Christ: contemporary spiritualties, Christian cosmology, and the arts by Dominic. White. Amazon page
- The lure of the dark side: Satan and western demonology in popular culture by Christopher H. Partridge, Eric S. Christianson. Amazon page
- Theology of migration in the Abrahamic religions by Elaine Padilla (Editor.). Amazon page
Enjoy reading the books below!
- Theology and California: Theological Refractions on California’s Culture by Fred. Sanders, Jason S. Sexto. Amazon page
- The blood of Christ in the theology of William Tyndale by Ralph S. Werrell. Amazon page
- Understanding religious pluralism: perspectives from religious studies and theology by Peter C. Phan, Jonathan Ray. Amazon page
- Old Testament Theology: a Thematic Approach by Robin. Routledge. Amazon page
- Signs & wonders: theology after modernity by Ellen T. Armour. Amazon page
- 6. Reinterpreting the Eucharist: Explorations in Feminist Theology and Ethics by Anne F. Elvey (Editor), Carol Hogan (Editor), Kim Power (Editor), Claire Renkin (Editor). Amazon page
- Post-traumatic public theology by Stephanie N. Arel (Editor.), Shelly. Rambo. Amazon page
- Johannine theology: the gospel, the Epistles and the Apocalypse by Paul A. Rainbow. Amazon page
- The theology of the Book of Isaiah by John Goldingay. Amazon page
- The doctrine of humanity in the theology of Reinhold Niebuhr by Kenneth Hamilton, Jane Barter Moulaison. Amazon page
- Catholic theology after Kierkegaard by Joshua Furnal. Amazon page
- Evangelical postcolonial conversations: global awakenings in theology and praxis by Kay Higuera Smith, Jayachitra Lalitha , L. Daniel Hawk. Amazon page
- Trinitarian ontology and Israel in Robert W. Jenson’s theology by Sang-hoon Lee. Amazon page
- The end of theology: shaping theology for the sake of mission by Jason S. Sexton (Editor.), Paul Weston (Editor.). Amazon page
- Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down! : the eschatological theology of third Isaiah (Isaiah 56-66). by Abraham Sung-Ho Oh. Amazon page
- The future of evangelical theology: soundings from the Asian American diaspora by Amos Yong. Amazon page
Feminist biblical studies in the twentieth century: scholarship and movement by Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza. Amazon page
Happy April! Hope you will enjoy some of the following books.
- New perspectives in the theology of Judaism by Shubert Spero. Amazon page
- Alcuin: theology and thought by Douglas. Dales. Amazon page
- From Theology to Theological Thinking by Jean-Yves. Lacoste. Amazon page
- The Evolution of Time: Studies of Time in Science, Anthropology, Theology by Argyris Nicolaidis, Wolfgang Achtner. Amazon page
- Judith Plaistow: feminism, theology, and justice by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson, Aaron W. Hughes. Amazon page
- Exploring ordinary theology: everyday Christian believing and the church by Jeff. Astley, Leslie J. Francis. Amazon page
- Tamil Folk Music as Dalit Liberation Theology by Zoe C. Sherinian. Amazon page
- Introducing Eastern Orthodox theology by Andrew Louth. Amazon page
- The political theology of Schelling by Saitya Brata Das. Amazon page
- Kaleidoscope : F.M. Dostoevsky and the early dialectical theology by Katya Tolstaya (Author.), Anthony Runia (Translator.), Frank Bestebreurtje (Editor.). Amazon page
- The IVP Bible background commentary: New Testament by Craig S. Keener, InterVarsity Press. Amazon page
- The Jews and the Bible by Jean-Christophe Attias. Amazon page
- The challenge of received tradition: dilemmas of interpretation in Radak’s biblical commentaries by by Naomi Grunhaus. Amazon page
- The message of Jeremiah: against wind and tide by Christopher J. H. Wright. Amazon page
- From Law to Logos: reading St. Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians by Jon R. Jordan, Todd D. Still. Amazon page
- Reading Joshua: a historical-critical, archaeological commentary by John Laughlin. Amazon page
- Jonah, Tobit, Judith by Irene Nowell. Amazon page
- Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther by Irene Nowell. Amazon page
- Sirach Volume 21 (New Collegeville Bible Commentary: Old Testament) by Jeremy Corley. Amazon page
Easter is around the corner! May the hope and joy of Jesus’ Resurrection linger in our hearts forever. Have a blessed and meaningful Easter and enjoy reading some of the books about the Resurrection!
- Atonement and the logic of resurrection in the Epistle to the Hebrews by David M. Moffitt. Amazon page
- Translating resurrection: the debate between William Tyndale and George Joye in its historical and theological context by Gergely Juhász. Amazon page
- Christ’s Resurrection in early Christianity: and the making of the New Testament by Markus. Vinzent, Amazon page
- The resurrection of the Messiah by Christopher Bryan. Amazon page
- The resurrection of Jesus: a new historiographical approach by Mike Licona. Amazon page
- Affirming the resurrection of the incarnate Christ: a reading of 1 John by Matthew D. Jensen. Amazon page
- Resurrection of the dead in early Judaism, 200 BCE-CE 2000 by C. D. Elledge. Amazon page
- Bodily resurrection and ethics in 1 Cor 15 : connecting faith and morality in the context of Greco-Roman mythology by Paul J. Brown. Amazon page
- Resurrection: the power of God for Christians and Jews by Kevin Madigan, Jon Douglas. Levenson. Amazon page
- Give them Christ: preaching his incarnation, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and return by Stephen A. Seamands. Amazon page
- Metamorphoses : resurrection, body, and transformative practices in early Christianity by Turid Karlsen. Seim, Jorunn. Økland. Amazon page
- From resurrection to new creation: a first journey in Christian theology by Michael W. Pahl. Amazon page
- Resurrection and eschatology: theology in service of the church: essays in honor of Richard B. Gaffin, Jr. by Richard B. Gaffin, Lane G. Tipton, Jeffrey C. Waddington. Amazon page
- The reality of the resurrection: the New Testament witness by Stefan. Alkier. Amazon page
- The resurrection of Jesus in the Gospel of John by Craig R. Koester, R. Bieringer. Amazon page
- Raised with Christ: how the Resurrection changes everything by Adrian Warnock. Amazon page
- Practice resurrection: a conversation on growing up in Christ by Eugene H. Peterson, Peter. Santucci, Peter H. Santucci. Amazon page 9781602584471
- Jesus and the demise of death: resurrection, afterlife, and the fate of the Christian. Amazon page
February is the month of love and Valentine’s Day. It reminds us of God’s love and of how we can share His love with others. Hopefully you are interested in some of the following books about love.
- The word made love: the dialogical theology of Joseph Ratzinger by Benedict XVI. Amazon page
- The love of God: a canonical model by John Peckham. Amazon page
- The uncontrolling love of God: an open and relational account of providence by Thomas Jay Oord. Amazon page
- For the love of all creatures: the story of grace in Genesis by William Greenway. Amazon page
- The weight of love: affect, ecstasy, and union in the theology of Bonaventure by Robert Glenn. Davis. Amazon page
- Embracing the other: the transformative spirit of love by Grace Ji-Sun Kim. Amazon page
- The concept of divine love in the context of the God-world relationship by John Peckham. Amazon page
- Love kindness: discover the power of a forgotten Christian virtue by Barry H. Corey. Amazon page
- Practices of love: spiritual disciplines for the life of the world by Kyle David Bennett. Amazon page. Amazon page
- Love in the gospel of John: an exegetical, theological, and literary study by Francis J. Moloney. Amazon page
- Political Agape: Christian love and liberal democracy by Timothy P. Jackson. Amazon page
- Toughest people to love: how to understand, lead, and love the difficult people in your life – including yourself by Chuck. DeGroat. Amazon page
- You shall love the stranger as yourself: the Bible, refugees and asylum by Fleur S. Houston. Amazon page
- A faithful guide to philosophy: a Christian introduction to the love of wisdom by Peter S. Williams, David McNeill. Amazon page
- Pannenberg on evil, love, and God: the realisation of divine love by Mark Hocknull. Amazon page
- Sociology of Love: the Agapic Dimension of Societal Life by Gennaro. Iorio. Amazon page
- Within the love of God: essays on the doctrine of God in honour of Paul S. Fiddes by Anthony Clarke (Editor.), Andrew Moore (Editor.), Paul S. Fiddes (Honoree.). Amazon page
- Life, love, and hope: God and human experience by Jan-Olav. Henriksen. Amazon page
Happy Black History Month! Once a year, we dedicate a month to celebrate the incredible accomplishments and contributions of black Americans. This is not only an opportunity to remember black achievement, but it’s also a great opportunity to read some good books!
- The talking book: African Americans and the Bible by Allen Dwight. Callahan. Amazon page
- The color of Christ: the Son of God & the saga of race in America by Edward J. Blum, Paul Harvey. Amazon page
- Race: a theological account by J. Kameron Carter. Amazon page
- Longing for Jesus: worship at a black holiness church in Mississippi, 1895-1913 by Lester Ruth. Amazon page
- The Africana Bible: reading Israel’s Scriptures from Africa and the African diaspora by Hugh R. Page, Randall C. Bailey. Amazon page
- God delivers me: a model from Strengthening the Black Church for the 21st Century by Jacqulyn Thorpe. Amazon page
- Is God colour-blind? : Insights from black theology for Christian ministry by Anthony. Reddie. Amazon page
- Methodologies of Black theology by Frederick L. Ware. Amazon page
- The Black megachurch: theology, gender, and the politics of public engagement by Tamelyn Tucker-Worgs. Amazon page
- The genesis of liberation: biblical interpretation in the antebellum narratives of the enslaved by Emerson B. Powery, Rodney Steven Sadler. Amazon page
- The mount of vision: African American prophetic tradition, 1800-1950 by Christopher Z. Hobson. Amazon page
- Biblical studies, theology, religion, and philosophy: an introduction for African universities by James. Amanze, F. Nkomazana, Obed N. Kealotswe. Amazon page
- African American female mysticism : nineteenth-century religious activism by Joy R. Bostic. Amazon page
- Plantation church: how African American religion was born in Caribbean slavery by Noel Leo Erskine. Amazon page
- Politics in the pews: the political mobilization of Black churches by Eric L. McDaniel. Amazon page
- Divine callings: understanding the call to ministry in Black Pentecostalism by Richard N. Pitt. Amazon page
- Native apostles: Black and Indian missionaries in the British Atlantic world by Edward E. Andrews. Amazon page
The David Allan Hubbard Library librarians are sending out encouragement postcards to our Fuller community.
Fill out this form here and one of our librarian will mail you a little encouragement! We will begin sending out postcards later this week.
Special thanks to SCELC for awarding the David Allan Hubbard Library with a grant to provide this service.
The David Allan Hubbard Library is happy to report our Books by Mail and InterLibrary Loan (ILL) are again available for our students and faculty. Additional guidelines for both services are listed through our LibGuide here. A note for ILL, print requests are entirely dependent on participating libraries, which means your request may be cancelled if no library is able to supply the item. Also, ILL fulfillment may take longer due to mandatory book isolation.
Please update your mailing address via your library account.
Hubbard Library may also stop both services if it is no longer safe to offer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns. Thank you!
Starting June 16, 2020, the Hubbard Library is now allowing unlimited book pick ups per week, at 8 books per pick up. The request form will now reflect this change. Please note we will try as hard as possible to fulfill requests in a timely manner. If you have submitted multiple requests prior to today, please email email@example.com so we can try to combine your requests.
- Reference works
Reason: reference works are expensive and if lost or damaged will have to be replaced. Patrons can request scans of chapters through Scan on Demand.
- Course Reserves books
Reason: the library needs required texts for scanning and eReserves. Patrons can request scans of chapters through Scan on Demand.
- Journals (bound and loose)
Reason: it is difficult to replace journals, especially bound ones, since publishers only print them once. Patrons can request scans of articles through Scan on Demand.
- Special Collections
Reason: items in special collections have been deemed rare and needed for in-library use only. These can be expensive and or impossible to replace.
Thank you for your patience as we adjust and evolve this new service. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to assist with the student need for printing, a WEPA machine has been moved to the Mail Room breezeway in Payton Hall. This area will be open for access while the Mail Room is open from 8am – 4pm. Supplies are available to sanitize prior to usage.
If you have questions on how to use WEPA, please view our how-to page here.
The Library receives notifications of paper jams and other errors related to the machine. We will try and fix these errors as soon as we are able.
A special thank you to IT for helping in this matter.
The David Allan Hubbard Library is administering pick up service in front of the library starting June 1, 2020. This service is offered Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with varied hours in the mornings and afternoons.
After filling out the book pick up form, patrons are contacted with a day and time for pick up. Patrons will need to confirm their pick up time with the library. Upon arrival, patrons will be directed to wait at the foot of the steps by library staff to ensure proper social distancing. Patrons will need to present their Fuller ID for proof of identity and confirmation of package. Library staff will place the package on the table for the patron to retrieve. Patrons are encouraged to leave campus once they receive their items.
Patrons must wear a mask when picking up items, no exceptions. You also must use your @fuller.edu email to use the pick up form.
The first couple of weeks will be used to determine any adjustments for both library staff and patrons. Guidelines will continuously be evaluated and plans to expand this service are being discussed and are subject to Pasadena health orders.
Items not available for pick up are Reference, Course Reserves, journals, and library technology (e.g. Chromebooks). To ensure the library can fulfill requests from the entire campus community, items available as eBooks will be cancelled.
Full explanation of the book pick up guidelines are located here. The library building remains closed.
Submit any questions about this service to email@example.com.
Due to the extension of the stay at home orders, due dates during the closure will be changed to May 18.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience in this matter!
Given the Fuller Theological Seminary campus shut down and California’s Stay at Home order, Hubbard Library is working on bulk changing due dates during said closure. All items with a due date during the closure will be reset to April 20 (or later depending on reopening).
If you have turned in your item(s) in the drop box outside the Library and you still receive a notice, don’t worry. Book check in during this time may take a bit longer than previously done.
If you get an overdue notice of a book already returned to the book drop or that was due during our closure, please let us know. We are currently working on extending all due dates until the library’s reopening.
Contact email@example.com if you have additional questions.
The Hubbard Library remains committed to assisting our patrons during this time. Please read the following in regards to library services.
Due Dates During Closure
Items due during the closure may be given an extension until the campus reopens on Monday, April 20*. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to your library account to renew your books. You may also turn in your books to the book drop outside the Library, if it is needed. (*This date may be adjusted in the future.)
Scan on Demand
Fuller Seminary staff have been directed to stay off campus until early April and until then, only allowed for short periods of time. As such, we are unable to process any Scan on Demand requests until then. Fulfillment of requests, given the extreme time constraints, may take up to two weeks or more.
InterLibrary Loan and Books By Mail
A reminder that ILL is cancelled for the spring quarter. This means any print item requested that we cannot purchase as a digital copy will not be fulfilled. Articles and book chapter ILL requests from other institutions may not be fulfilled due to the limited number of participating libraries. Books by Mail is also cancelled for the spring quarter.
Electronic Services & Reference Librarians
For assistance in access issues, contact our electronic services team at email@example.com
. Research help is available to help students utilize our digital resources with our reference librarians. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can schedule a virtual appointment with them here
Transcripts for Winter ’20 and Spring ’20
Due to the recent Executive Order
by Governor Newsom regarding COVID-19, the Hubbard Library will close today at 1:00pm.
Items due at the end of the day today may be dropped off in the drop box outside the Library.
Thank you for your grace during this time. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
뉴섬 캘리포니아 주지사의 COVID-19관련 행정명령에 따라 허바드 도서관은 오늘 오후 1시에 폐관합니다.
오늘까지 반납하셔야 하는 도서는 외부 반납함에 반납 해 주시기 바랍니다.
Debido a la orden ejecutiva reciente del gobernador Newsom con respecto a COVID-19, la Biblioteca Hubbard cerrará hoy a la una (1pm).
Los artículos que se vencen hoy al final del día podrán ser dejados en el buzón afuera de la biblioteca.
Gracias por su gracia durante este tiempo. Si tiene preguntas, por favor envíenos un correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pass/Fail: Changes for Winter and Options for Spring
In addition to the previously announced Pass/Fail: Changes for Winter and Options for Spring, all transcripts will be annotated to indicate that Winter ’20 and Spring ’20 grades reflect the seminary’s changes in Pass/Fail policy in response to the current public health emergency.
Academic advisors and program advisors continue to be available to support students during these days of extraordinary change. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there are any ways we can help.
Executive Director of the Library